New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

curly

Canada
3232 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  09:51:37  Show Profile Send curly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ya, that buck didn't even win top honours at the Manitoba Big Game Trophy Awards Night....

Curly
Go to Top of Page

whitefish
Advanced Member

Canada
581 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  10:06:41  Show Profile Send whitefish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Too bad they don't have a "slingshot" deer season in Birdshill, eh curly?

I went out west and hunted with a few buddies of mine. Saw lots of deer this year. I passed up a pretty big 5x5 at 30 feet on a trail in the Duck Mountains. Closest I've been to a big boy so far. Before everyone starts screaming "WHHAAAATTT, why didn't you shoot it!" - I wanted a nice little buck or doe for eating . I ended up shooting a good sized doe.

Curly, did you notice alot of fat on the deer this year? Stupid amounts of fat on the does we got this year. Gonna be a cold winter.

"Keep your stick on the ice". Red Green

Edited by - whitefish on Dec 14 2010 10:16:46
Go to Top of Page

curly

Canada
3232 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  11:19:18  Show Profile Send curly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, the grain fed deer we shot this year were well fortified with a thick layer of fat.....La Nina winter for sure....long and cold and lots of snow....

Curly
Go to Top of Page

curly

Canada
3232 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2016 :  22:51:19  Show Profile Send curly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How goes the deer hunting in your area this year...??

Go to Top of Page

bad arrow
Advanced Member

Canada
794 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2016 :  23:56:25  Show Profile Send bad arrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Theres alot of memories in this thread.. hey Curly gotta love the hunting in Manitoba...
the hunting here has been the shytes, I tagged out but....games way down, its gonna be good again in a couple years.

Edited by - bad arrow on Nov 17 2016 23:58:42
Go to Top of Page

Zero333
Advanced Member

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2016 :  23:03:47  Show Profile Send Zero333 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lucky Curly !

Very nice looking buck. Congrats !

I was praying for snow for my hunting and happen to get almost summer weather !
It's been 15c to 20c here in SW & NE Ontario the past 2 weeks. I went up to Haliburton for 4 days and got nothing. Very little activity. Even the wolves must of been out of luck. Heard them howling every night.

On the other hand, I found a place to shoot LR (2km+) and I saw a UFO !

Treat that trigger like it’s your first date, not like you’ve been married to it for 20 years.

Edited by - Zero333 on Nov 18 2016 23:07:07
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06