Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Hunting
 Reaction when hit
 Whats the oddest shot on a critter you have seen?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

cfvickers
Advanced Member

1902 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  08:40:36  Show Profile Send cfvickers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My dad when I was a kid killed a buck and two does with a 350 Rem Mag and a 225 Partition. A single 225 Partition. They were lined up perfect and he just wanted the buck. but squeezed off at the wrong time. They all three fell DRT. I was in another stand not far away, and could verify there was only one shot, I was there within 10 minutes and he was still in his stand shaking his head.
Go to Top of Page

raptor5618
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  10:38:01  Show Profile Send raptor5618 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw two pigs killed with one shot on TV but three deer and none of them ran is indeed a pretty incredible shot. I have to believe that he had to have thought he was going to kill two deer with one shot and with three lined up he must have known something was going to get hit with a bullet that passed through. For a few seconds I had two doe lined up perfectly for a shot at both and I was close and shooting a 7mm mag that surely would have gone through the first one and hit the second one with some zip left. But one moved so that I ended up taking the shot on only one of them.
Go to Top of Page

cfvickers
Advanced Member

1902 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  11:06:27  Show Profile Send cfvickers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He says to this day it was unintentional. the second was in the neck, and the last was rib cage on an 60lbs yearling. With a 225 partition, on a white tail you are going to hit whatever is on the other side, guaranteed on just about any straight broadside shot.
Go to Top of Page

raptor5618
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  14:43:59  Show Profile Send raptor5618 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where I hunt in PA it is hard to see 3 deer in a day forget about 3 deer in line to be shot. Well he knows if it was intentional or not and I have no intention of saying he is not being honest. Either way it goes in the book as one of the more amazing things I have read about and I read a lot. Must have been a fun drag with three deer to haul. I am sitting here laughing when I thought about what someone would think if they came across the gut piles all in the same area, it had to be one incredible mess after cleaning 3 deer in the same general spot.
Go to Top of Page

cfvickers
Advanced Member

1902 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  15:11:00  Show Profile Send cfvickers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That was a serious situation. It was at a time when we had one doe tag and two buck tags, in a club where killing three deer in a morning, one being illegal would get you promptly booted. Limiting out in one morning would not be so frowned upon, but to them the killing of an extra doe is an awful offense. I have seen up to 57 deer in one morning there. three lined up like that isn't all that uncommon, but it is still the only time I have seen such a thing. However, they were under his feeder.
Go to Top of Page

jtrax
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2014 :  23:12:43  Show Profile Send jtrax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Before I start. This is the gods honest truth. We were doing a deer drive and a big doe came running towards me from my right so I let her get really close before I shot her right in the head and she pilled up right in her tracks about 15 yards in front of me I yelled out I got one down and another guy said lets finish the drive and we'll come back an get it we only had about 200 yards to go so we finished the drive and me and two others went back to get my deer and when we got back to the spot where I shot her she was not there and they asked me are you sure you shot her I said yes right in her head( oh yeah it was a 12 gauge slug that I was shooting) so we looked around and she was laying down about 30 yards away looking at us so I pulled up and shot her again this time she got up and started running and we were all just in shock because we all could she th hole on the side of her head right behind her eye where my first shot went. And when I shot the second time I blew the top of here head off but yet she still got up and ran away we got on her trail and started tracking we tracked her for over a half a mile and still no dead deer and it was getting dark out and none of us had flash lights so we gave up on the search and one of the guys dads was going out the next day for the muzzle loader hunt and he was going to start where we left off. So then I got a phone call the next day from my buddies dad and he told me he got on the trail where we left off right away the next mourning and found here about another 400 yards away he walked up to her and she was laying down but not with her head down it was still up but he could see where I shot her both times and he thought it was odd that her head was still up and than he thought she must have froze that way until she turned and looked at him like she was just woke up so he got ready to shoot and his gun missed fired and she was well out of sight before he could get his gun reloaded so than he got on her track and followed it all the way back to where I originally shot her and wentaways to someone else's land that won't let any hunters on so she got away. This happened about 8 years ago and we still talk about it to this day and wonder how a deer can get shot in the head with a 12 gauge slug twice and still live
Go to Top of Page

jtrax
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2014 :  23:25:01  Show Profile Send jtrax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Before I start. This is the gods honest truth. We were doing a deer drive and a big doe came running towards me from my right so I let her get really close before I shot her right in the head and she pilled up right in her tracks about 15 yards in front of me I yelled out I got one down and another guy said lets finish the drive and we'll come back an get it we only had about 200 yards to go so we finished the drive and me and two others went back to get my deer and when we got back to the spot where I shot her she was not there and they asked me are you sure you shot her I said yes right in her head( oh yeah it was a 12 gauge slug that I was shooting) so we looked around and she was laying down about 30 yards away looking at us so I pulled up and shot her again this time she got up and started running and we were all just in shock because we all could she th hole on the side of her head right behind her eye where my first shot went. And when I shot the second time I blew the top of here head off but yet she still got up and ran away we got on her trail and started tracking we tracked her for over a half a mile and still no dead deer and it was getting dark out and none of us had flash lights so we gave up on the search and one of the guys dads was going out the next day for the muzzle loader hunt and he was going to start where we left off. So then I got a phone call the next day from my buddies dad and he told me he got on the trail where we left off right away the next mourning and found here about another 400 yards away he walked up to her and she was laying down but not with her head down it was still up but he could see where I shot her both times and he thought it was odd that her head was still up and than he thought she must have froze that way until she turned and looked at him like she was just woke up so he got ready to shoot and his gun missed fired and she was well out of sight before he could get his gun reloaded so than he got on her track and followed it all the way back to where I originally shot her and wentaways to someone else's land that won't let any hunters on so she got away. This happened about 8 years ago and we still talk about it to this day and wonder how a deer can get shot in the head with a 12 gauge slug twice and still live
Go to Top of Page

Ireload2

USA
251 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2016 :  19:04:37  Show Profile Send Ireload2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of my high school chums was acting silly with his 22 rifle when he fired from the hip as a covey of quail flushed.
He actually shot one of the quail's head off at the range of about 35 to 40 feet.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06