Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

WonderMan4
Advanced Member

USA
2762 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2016 :  22:57:32  Show Profile Send WonderMan4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
.....a male black bear in heat is the most dangerous animal in North America.

That's a new one on me. I have never seen a male anything in heat. I have seen them hot, but not in heat.''

Edited by - WonderMan4 on Oct 31 2016 22:58:19
Go to Top of Page

Onondaga
Advanced Member

USA
3950 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2016 :  23:28:07  Show Profile Send Onondaga a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WonderMan4

Trailcams at my 3 ground blinds are showing only a busy juvenile Black Bear that looks scrawny and about 200lbs. I am not walking well this year and have only one hunt weekend scheduled late this month. I will be hunting with my kit built Traditions 50 Cal Flint rifle and a brand new Case Backpocket Skinner folding pocketknife with Buffalo Horn handle scales.

Gary

Fine rifles are never really owned.

Edited by - Onondaga on Oct 31 2016 23:28:48
Go to Top of Page

WonderMan4
Advanced Member

USA
2762 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2016 :  06:03:53  Show Profile Send WonderMan4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties. That rifle should be capable of handling a critter 3 times the size of the one on your critter cam.

The Case is a beautiful knife. Are the handles added by your crafty hands or are they standard equipment?
Go to Top of Page

bad arrow
Advanced Member

Canada
787 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2016 :  07:39:29  Show Profile Send bad arrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck Onondaga, hope you get one.
Go to Top of Page

Onondaga
Advanced Member

USA
3950 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2016 :  13:55:27  Show Profile Send Onondaga a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WonderMan4

The Case XX models with Buffalo Horn scales aren't in current production but show up from collector caches that I keep tabs on. They are produced on demand in small runs for specific suppliers. This year I got 2 of them, the BackPocket with the big skinner profile blade and a Sodbuster Junior. They are NOT easy to find, but they turn up on line if you keep looking. Amazon has some right now and any model from Case may turn up with Buffalo scales if you keep looking.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DUS3IVC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BOSHQXK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They actually smell like Buffalo. I reviewed the Backpocket on Amazon and gave it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buffalo Horn Scale finish excellent, September 15, 2016
By
Gerard P. Abbatte
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Case Cutlery 65017 Buffalo Horn Back Pocket Handle (Tools & Home Improvement)
Buffalo Horn Scale finish is excellent on this model. Buffalo horn is a material that has long fibers from the natural growth pattern of the animal. Cross cutting against the fibers will cause a hangnail effect. The American WR CASE skilled finishers do an excellent job on the Horn Scales and every aspect of this Back Pocket Skinner. Mine arrived beautiful and the naturally dull cut areas that aren't polished completely and instantly darken up with a light rubbing with Vaseline and a towel wipe. The large size and Skinner profile blade fit perfectly what I want in a big game pocket carry knife. I have worked as a surgical instrument sharpener so I don't comment on Case blade edge work usually but this was their usual good quality that I will transform to eye surgery sharp for field use. I am happy to add this prized Horn Scale model to my collection of great looking practical American CASE knives. It is a nice big handful of knife.

The WR Case and Sons factory showroom and museum in Bradford PA is a wonderful place to visit and see every knife they have ever made. It makes a very nice family vacation place to tour and get a new knife. You can watch the workers on the job too. They are proudly an AMERICAN family tradition.

Case Buffalo Horn Scale models come and go fast, a good reliable supplier to watch in addition to Amazon and EBAY is:
https://www.casexx.com/Handle/DisplayHandlePageFH.asp?MaterialAutoID=20

Gary

Fine rifles are never really owned.

Edited by - Onondaga on Nov 01 2016 14:45:47
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06