Equipment
 Powder
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Smbenoit_79

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2017 :  20:48:51  Show Profile Send Smbenoit_79 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure this has been asked before but what is a good, cheaper powder for .223? I'm looking to reload 1k+ just for target shooting. Also any certain companies to use for best prices?
Thx

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
9124 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2017 :  23:55:11  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AA2230 or H335. Lots of other powders do fine too.
Go to Top of Page

Onondaga
Advanced Member

USA
4017 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  02:31:46  Show Profile Send Onondaga a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Plus 1 to Shasta. Those are my favorites and are usually easy to find. They are both capable of match grade shooting and very consistent powders. The AA and Hodgdon sites both have great data for the powders and manufacturer data is the best source.

Gary

Fine rifles are never really owned.
Go to Top of Page

WonderMan4
Advanced Member

USA
2847 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  12:53:11  Show Profile Send WonderMan4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think anyone has best prices. There are lots of online retailers that sell powder, but you gotta consider adding in the hazmat fees that the transporters charge on top of the powder costs.

Only way to avoid that is to watch for campaigns that they have once in a while and either waive the fee or reduce it.

Otherwise, buy it local.

Some of the locals around me jack the prices up considerably so it rivals the online places with the hazmat fee.

Edited by - WonderMan4 on Apr 04 2017 12:53:42
Go to Top of Page

Paul B
Advanced Member

3969 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  17:39:21  Show Profile Send Paul B a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It may not be the least expensive but I have gotten excellent result with W748. Try a pound and if it works for you chase down an 8 Pounders and enjoy. These days I've settled on the powders I like and but either 5 pounders (Alliant) or 8 Pounders.
Paul B.
Go to Top of Page

Smbenoit_79

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  22:25:15  Show Profile Send Smbenoit_79 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome thx guys!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06