Varmint loads
 308 win
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

daveslawson

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2017 :  13:39:52  Show Profile Send daveslawson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
150 grain Hornady SP Interlock. 44.7 of IMR4895 comes pretty close to top of neck. Is this safe? Info from Hornady 9th Edition. Only powder I could find around here. Thanks

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
9148 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2017 :  14:12:14  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The highest load listed in Speer #8 is 47 gr with a 150 gr bullet. You should be fine.
Go to Top of Page

Zero333
Advanced Member

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  21:49:17  Show Profile Send Zero333 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Are you using military brass ?... because 45gr of IMR-4895 should be around 1/2 way up the shoulder, not at the neck.

Try pouring in the powder slower.

After you drop the powder in the case, keep the funnel over the case mouth and give it several light taps with the powder pan.
If you're using a powder drop, never mind my last 2 statements.

Treat that trigger like it’s your first date, not like you’ve been married to it for 20 years.
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
9148 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2017 :  08:53:54  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Considering my first response and Zero333's response, I would check the accuracy of your powder scale.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06