CROCKPOT GIZZARDS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gwpercle
Average Member

USA
86 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2017 :  21:27:04  Show Profile Send gwpercle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those of us who eat chicken gizzards, a good way to cook them is in the crockpot. No other meat responds to 10-12 hours of slow cooking like a gizzard.
In the morning put :
1 package of gizzards, chicken or turkey, into crock pot .
Add one can Campbell's Beefy Mushroom soup.
two envelops dry brown gravy mix.
Stir well, cover and set crock pot on low.
At noon you can stir it , after 10-12 hours they will be so tender you can cut them with a spoon, remove the lid and turn on high if the gravy needs to be thicker. Gizzards throw off a lot of liquid. I
Serve the gizzards and gravy over cooked white rice.

Gary
This section doesn't see a lot of action , I know you cook , share some of your favorites. I especially like easy to fix recipes.

Certified Cajun

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
9045 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  10:41:52  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I generally just fry them in bacon fat with salt and pepper. I like them chewey but I think I will try your recipe.
Go to Top of Page

gwpercle
Average Member

USA
86 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  19:26:40  Show Profile Send gwpercle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shastaboat

I generally just fry them in bacon fat with salt and pepper. I like them chewey but I think I will try your recipe.

After having them soooo tender , I might never do chewy fried again. My teeth aren't getting any younger and appreciate it.
Gary

Certified Cajun
Go to Top of Page

WonderMan4
Advanced Member

USA
2820 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  23:20:46  Show Profile Send WonderMan4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a slow cooker that doesn't get used near enough. Thanks for posting, Gary.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06