Measurement
 Chronograph
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ToddMNicoll
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2016 :  00:24:19  Show Profile Send ToddMNicoll a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The subject of chronographs has probably been discussed here before, but I'm new. Can I get a recommendation on a reliable chronograph? I looked at reviews on Midway and the ones I researched seemed pretty unreliable.

WonderMan4
Advanced Member

USA
2820 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2016 :  00:37:49  Show Profile Send WonderMan4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check the CED M2. I have been using one for three years now and they are available at Grafs.

I very seldom get an error. The secret is to keep the sun out of the sensors.

The CED website has video tutorials. The M2 costs a little more than others at approx. $190, but it is worth it to me. Most others here go for,the cheaper ones and it depends on what you want out of it.

Edited by - WonderMan4 on Nov 07 2016 00:38:55
Go to Top of Page

Kosh75287
Advanced Member

USA
742 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2016 :  01:21:18  Show Profile Send Kosh75287 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can get usable ones for just over a hundred, and better ones for $50 more. For $190, I'm betting the CED M2 is as good or better than the $150 chronographs, but also comes with some extras that you will find convenient.

God bless Jeff Cooper

Carpe SCOTCH!
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
9045 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2016 :  04:48:25  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is the model I've been using for over 10 years. My first chronograph was an Oehler Model 12. Any of the Chrony brand will work fine. Just less or more features.

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/00084master_beta/master-beta-chronograph

Here is a complete setup I would try as it is complete system and includes the tripod.

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/00094721122/ballistic-precision-chronograph-premium-kit

Edited by - Shastaboat on Nov 07 2016 04:50:40
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
9045 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2016 :  04:51:49  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do a search on this web site for previous discussions.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06