Reloading General
 Equipment
 Chronograph
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

arcticfern

67 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2016 :  08:31:01  Show Profile Send arcticfern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am looking at buying a cronograph, but knowing you get what you pay for. Any recommendations? I really don't have a large budget, but I "can't" wait till Christmas. I "need" one now.

bad arrow
Advanced Member

Canada
787 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2016 :  08:52:56  Show Profile Send bad arrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For the money I like the "Chrony" it sets up in seconds and take down is simple, it works and is cheap, one day I will upgrade to a better one.
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
8905 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2016 :  11:47:43  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bad arrow

For the money I like the "Chrony" it sets up in seconds and take down is simple, it works and is cheap, one day I will upgrade to a better one.

+1. Any one of their models will work just fine. All less than $150.00.
Go to Top of Page

WonderMan4
Advanced Member

USA
2762 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2016 :  12:45:17  Show Profile Send WonderMan4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you go to the top of this page and select the "Home" button and look at the home page, there is one listed as the Shooting Chrony F1. I don't think the admin would let crap be advertised.

Personally, I use the CED M2 at around $190at Graf's. costs a little more, but I like the remote screen and it does what I want.
Go to Top of Page

ethmoid1999
Advanced Member

USA
4357 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2016 :  13:17:43  Show Profile Send ethmoid1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have an old Oehler 35. It's good but a pain to set up. I don't know if they still make it.
Go to Top of Page

Land_Owner
Average Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2016 :  14:03:35  Show Profile  Visit Land_Owner's Homepage Send Land_Owner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I use a PACT that is neither good nor bad as I have had no other comparators. It suits me and gives me data. I go to work with that. So far, it has not failed me and I bring home game.

If it was easy, anybody could do it!
Go to Top of Page

EnglishTom
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
758 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2016 :  14:59:59  Show Profile  Click to see EnglishTom's MSN Messenger address Send EnglishTom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a Chrony F1, it does the job just fine. Been a great help working up loads for my g/kids
Go to Top of Page

Rapidrob

USA
443 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2016 :  16:55:05  Show Profile Send Rapidrob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chrony.
NEVER shoot gas check bullets over a Chrony. I did. The gas check came off and smashed the display. I did not read all of the instructions. They wrote not to do it. Expensive fix.

Gulf of Tonkin Yacht Club
NRA Endowment Member
President NM MILSURPS
Go to Top of Page

bwalters99
Advanced Member

945 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2016 :  09:38:35  Show Profile Send bwalters99 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While VERY ! pricey, I have read some good reviews on the new LabRadar Doppler. I haven't had to money to get one yet, but it is on the horizon...
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
8905 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2016 :  22:53:35  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gee, I've shot a ton of gas checked bullets over my Chrony. No damages. I do crimp the gas checks.
Go to Top of Page

chig78
Average Member

USA
164 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2016 :  21:35:06  Show Profile Send chig78 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
+ 1 for me on the Chrony F1. Had one for a few years now and no complaints.

Chig78
I your gonna be dumb, Ya better be tough
Go to Top of Page

dickn52

USA
356 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2016 :  18:43:43  Show Profile Send dickn52 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shastaboat

Gee, I've shot a ton of gas checked bullets over my Chrony. No damages. I do crimp the gas checks.

Guessing it comes down to how far in front of the muzzle you set up. But that's just a WAG.
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
8905 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2016 :  19:37:39  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm right at 10'
Go to Top of Page

Shoots High

USA
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  11:58:22  Show Profile Send Shoots High a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just bought an older, but new in the box, Chrony F1 for 75$ with a dinky tripod. Haven't used it yet due to bad weather, but for the money it'll do, or so I hear from others using this model.
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
8905 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2017 :  12:38:22  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a fair price and you got a tripod to boot. You really don't need much of a tripod as long as the wind doesn't blow it over....and who shoots in the wind anyway?
Go to Top of Page

smullen
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  13:54:06  Show Profile Send smullen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am saving for a Magnetospeed V3...

For a long time now I've wanted a Chronograph and have been putting a bit more effort into researching them, reading reviews, watching youtubes, etc...

I ran into a guy that the range the other day that had a Magnetospeed and I really like the way it worked...

Everyone has their preferences, but its at least worth the look...

The thing I really like about it is if you go to a range, you don't have to worry about sitting it out in front of the line/Bench and waiting for ""Range Cold" too mess with it...

Also, its not subject to light (too much, not enough) issues.

I think it would be harder to accidentally shoot that traditional style Chronos too... Just my Opinions...

Lifetime Benefactor NRA Member
Larueminati
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06