It has been a while
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jdmorris
Advanced Member

USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2017 :  01:32:31  Show Profile Send jdmorris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wondering what you guys have been into since I have been AWOL from the nest? I see that people are talking about another site? Now that makes me curious. Finishing up a nasty divorce. It has been rough.

Jim

ethmoid1999
Advanced Member

USA
4398 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2017 :  05:57:26  Show Profile Send ethmoid1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good to hear from you. Things are getting better here and I check in every day.
Go to Top of Page

Zero333
Advanced Member

Canada
812 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2017 :  07:14:47  Show Profile Send Zero333 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another reloadersnest site was tried but ultimately was a headache to transfer everything from here to there so it was scrapped and this site is back to normal.

Treat that trigger like it’s your first date, not like you’ve been married to it for 20 years.
Go to Top of Page

WonderMan4
Advanced Member

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2017 :  11:29:42  Show Profile Send WonderMan4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad to have you back, Jim. The new site was good, different. Morten had a hard time making the switch and he said he lost interest in doing it. I thought he did a great job with it, but as always there were issues.

He finally decided to moth ball it for now.

There has not been much activity here for a while now. It seems everyone left.

Sorry to hear of your marital issues. Sometimes there are no winners.
Go to Top of Page

Kosh75287
Advanced Member

USA
796 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2017 :  13:59:34  Show Profile Send Kosh75287 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about the divorce. But sometimes, it's necessary to amputate a finger, in order to save the rest of the hand. I am ROUTINELY amazed at the longevity of various of my friends' marriages, and I am reminded far too often that theirs is are exceptions, and not the rule. Anyway, glad you're among us, again!

God bless Jeff Cooper

Carpe SCOTCH!
Go to Top of Page

jdmorris
Advanced Member

USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2017 :  19:14:00  Show Profile Send jdmorris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The good news is that I got to keep all my toys!!! The bad news is that I did not get any money from her either. Oh well. I did get partial custody of my 8 year old son though. That is the most important thing.

I have been looking at getting him a CVA hunter youth model single shot in .243 win. My cousin got his daughter one and he says it is light and accurate, which are a must for a small statured youth. I will take him on youth day and see what we can do. He has never shot anything bigger than a .22 so far but I plan on working him up to it with the .22 magnum I have first. Got to teach those youngsters the proper gun handling rules and techniques when they are young. That way they become good hunters and sportsmen down the road.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
9125 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2017 :  20:06:18  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry about the divorce too. I've had mine. Not fun. My son was about your son's age and he's 30 now and a good person and successful but don't think that the divorce won't bother your son. Mine thanked me this year for setting standards to live up to. We are taking a 3 boat trip to Lake Powell in early October. My son is taking his and one of his friends is taking theirs and I'm taking mine. We are all bringing our ladies for a beach cave camp on the Escalante. We'll see if it's my last trip or not. Spend as much time as you can with your son. It's a long road.
Go to Top of Page

WonderMan4
Advanced Member

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2017 :  21:21:49  Show Profile Send WonderMan4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Like Shasta says, as much as time will allow. Even when they are full grown adults. Mine is 41 and Daughter is 36 and we see them prolly 3 times each week and the grandkids sometimes more often depending on their activities. I never get tired of it and appreciate that they think enough to visit frequently. Just the other day I cooked a meal for 8 and it was fun.
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
9125 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2017 :  10:33:52  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WonderMan4

Like Shasta says, as much as time will allow. Even when they are full grown adults. Mine is 41 and Daughter is 36 and we see them prolly 3 times each week and the grandkids sometimes more often depending on their activities. I never get tired of it and appreciate that they think enough to visit frequently. Just the other day I cooked a meal for 8 and it was fun.

You are a lucky man. I never hear from either of mine....
Go to Top of Page

WonderMan4
Advanced Member

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2017 :  16:18:44  Show Profile Send WonderMan4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I never hear from either of mine....

Call 'em up sometime out of the blue and tell 'em you love 'em and miss 'em.
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
9125 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2017 :  19:36:54  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I called my son this am. He didn't have much time to talk.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06