Single Shot Rifle
 H&R Hand Rifle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

7mmreloader
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  22:39:50  Show Profile Send 7mmreloader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just discovered today that my H&R rifle was discontinued due to low sells. Its chambered in 44 mag, single shot and shoots great. Oh well!

dh2
Advanced Member

778 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2015 :  09:17:32  Show Profile Send dh2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I have a 444Marlin looks like there will be no more
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
8893 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2015 :  13:23:14  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Inexpensive, low demand means low profitability and eventually discontinuance.
Go to Top of Page

andreson
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2015 :  07:08:42  Show Profile Send andreson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a good rifle indeed but an old model. According to my opinion old is gold. I had good collection of air rifles in my gun safe.

http://www.mybestgunsafe.com/

1 > 2 > 3 Goooooooo !!!

Edited by - andreson on Oct 08 2015 05:03:27
Go to Top of Page

Mauser98
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2016 :  16:19:09  Show Profile Send Mauser98 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a shame really, they are actually really nice rifles. I've got one in 444 marlin and is a sweet shooter, a little stout on the recoil, but it is a 444. Holds 1-1.5" groups at 100yds all day.

M98
Go to Top of Page

Kosh75287
Advanced Member

USA
687 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2016 :  19:29:40  Show Profile Send Kosh75287 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I'll only have one shot, I'd want it to be a very BIG one!

God bless Jeff Cooper

Carpe SCOTCH!
Go to Top of Page

IraqVet2003
Advanced Member

USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2016 :  19:51:08  Show Profile Send IraqVet2003 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is this just the 44 mag or all of them? I have the ultra varminter in 223. As long as I do my part it'll stack them at a hundred with anything up to 60 gr bullets.
Go to Top of Page

NavyVet1959

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  05:54:31  Show Profile  Visit NavyVet1959's Homepage Send NavyVet1959 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, the H&Rs were great. For the cost of just a *barrel* for a Thompson Encore, you could buy a whole rifle from H&R. Their only drawback was that barrels supposedly had to be fitted at the factory, so there wasn't really a used barrel market.

When you fill out your income tax forms at the end of the year, look and see how much money you have given the government throughout the year. Then, take a moment to ponder -- has the government done $X worth of stuff FOR you or TO you this year? I tend to believe the latter...
Go to Top of Page

Scardycat

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2016 :  23:16:32  Show Profile Send Scardycat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes they were all discontinued, A shame, they are good shooting rifles. I have a .308 heavy barreled survivor, will shoot .500 moa easy. does however have the common failure to eject issue. still love it. Prices are going up on them now as availability is going down. I under stand that not all barrels have to be fitted, but sounds like a 50/50 chance they will.

I have enough guns now...OOh look at that one.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06