General forum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

morten
Administrator

Norway
659 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2007 :  03:58:33  Show Profile  Visit morten's Homepage  Click to see morten's MSN Messenger address Send morten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I’ve got the avatar* feature back online again.

It’s not fully functional the way I want it, but at least it’s working.
Functionality that is on my “wanted list” is the ability to upload your own avatars from your own profile page. Now you are limited to chose from a pre-defined list (>100 avatars).

If you would like to have your own avatar (you have one on your computer, or found one hot good looking (…) on the Internet), you can send an email to avatar@reloadersnest.com with the avatar image file attached.
The avatars images will be displayed as a square picture (75x75 or 100x100 pixels). That’s about an inch wide if you put your inch ruler on your computer monitor (That’s a techie approach!)
Don’t mind if your avatar is larger than this. It will automatically be shrinked.

In the email you must write your forum username and tell me if this avatar should be restricted to you only (no one else can use this avatar as their personal avatar), or available to everyone. Either way everybody can of course see your avatar next to your forum name.
If nothing is stated about this in the email, the default is that it is available to everyone.

Avatar naming should be on the format avatar_forumname.jpg or avatar_forumname.gif (where “forumname” is your forum login name).
For an example mine will be avatar_morten.jpg and I would decide to give it restricted access. Restricted access because it’s a picture of my face and I don’t want everyone else to use a picture of me as their own avatar…

Please allow a “reasonable amount of time” before I can fulfill your avatar request sent by email. I do also have hobbies (like shooting and hunting maybe…) and isn’t in front of my computer 24/7.
You will receive a confirmation email when your avatar has been uploaded.

* An avatar is a small picture associated with your forum name. On every post you make on the forum this avatar will be displayed just beneath your forum name, number of posts you have made, etc.
The “Admin” picture on the upper left corner of this post is my avatar.

How to change your own avatar
1. Make sure you are logged in to the forum.
2. Click the “Profile” link in the upper right menu and apply your forum username and password, if asked for.

3. In the “Avatar Selection” chose an avatar from the list. If you have sent your own avatar, you should find it as “Avatar ForumUsername” (Where “ForumUsername” is your forum username).
4. Click “Submit” and you are done!

If you have trouble changing your avatar, please post a message in this tread.

Morten

billt

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  12:04:24  Show Profile Send billt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why do I get this every time I click on ANYTHING on this forum?

"This page requires fonts that need to be downloaded. This is usually safe. Do you want to continue?

I click on "yes" and I keep getting the same pop up. This makes the forum useless to me. Bill T.
Go to Top of Page

Removed20090331
Advanced Member

USA
550 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2008 :  08:17:53  Show Profile Send Removed20090331 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Morten,

I've sent my avatar request in twice in the last few months, one a .png file and the latest a .jpg file of the same logo. Could you check to see if you have received anything related to avatar_willdallas?

"The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry.” William F.Buckley, Jr.
Go to Top of Page

billt

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2008 :  09:10:53  Show Profile Send billt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I no longer get that warning. Thanks to whoever "fixed" it! Bill T.
Go to Top of Page

huntnut45
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  13:26:15  Show Profile Send huntnut45 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to place the premium member avatar but I do not have Outlook on my computer and it automatically takes me to Outlook to send email directly from my computer instead of my email site lbulyaki@yahoo.om
Go to Top of Page

billt

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  10:41:15  Show Profile Send billt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why won't my avatar post? It was up before, now it's gone. I tried to repost it, it said "Profile Updated", but still nothing???? Bill T.
Go to Top of Page

GUNSLINGER 67
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  22:08:40  Show Profile Send GUNSLINGER 67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll get mine sent in ASAP.........thanks Morten.

"All the disasters that have wrecked your world,came from your leaders attempt to evade the fact that 'A' .... is 'A'.
John Galt
Go to Top of Page

achilles1
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2012 :  23:30:42  Show Profile Send achilles1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Applied twice for Avatar-insert (2 weeks).
No response. Please advise.
Go to Top of Page

total recoil

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2014 :  02:29:13  Show Profile Send total recoil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I submitted my avatar and it is not in the list. Will re-submit.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06