Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Reloading General
 General forum
 Are you a Shooting Editor?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

morten
Administrator

Norway
630 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2006 :  19:40:45  Show Profile  Visit morten's Homepage  Click to see morten's MSN Messenger address Send morten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Iím working on a new concept on our site that will allow us to post articles within a pre made framework. This means you donít have to have any knowledge of writing and publishing things for the Internet, to participate.
My idea is that everybody that wants will have access to his (her?) own publisher page on this site (not within the forum) and can publish any small or large article regarding our interests. It doesnít matter if it is an in-depth article about ballistics, advanced reloading techniques, report from your latest hunting trip, or just some thoughts about guns and shooting. Nothing is too much and nothing is too little.
This new feature (itís actually got a name already; MyBench) will replace the article/editorial section as we know it today.

An early example:

You should be able to add pictures, host your own link collection, have an event calendar (opening hours at your shooting range, hunt season dates, gun shows, competitions, etc) and maybe a few more features as I get time to add them.
It will of course be a ďfree for all/everybodyĒ thingÖ

Anyone interested? Reply to this post or send me a PM. If Iím done with bad luck, MyBench should be up and running this week.

Morten

skyline
Advanced Member

Canada
2807 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2006 :  20:00:36  Show Profile Send skyline a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep......just need to figure how I would use it. I can get permission to reprint my articles I have published, link it to my website, hunt reports, etc.

I'm interested.
Go to Top of Page

keeter

21 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2006 :  20:30:22  Show Profile Send keeter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds great!
Go to Top of Page

luvrifles
Advanced Member

USA
834 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  17:58:52  Show Profile Send luvrifles a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As most here have seen, my posts are short and to the point. I just can't sit for very long. If I can apply the same patience for writing as I do my loading,shooting and hunting who knows. I'll give it a shot(sorry for the pun).
Go to Top of Page

Paul B
Advanced Member

3361 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  18:02:18  Show Profile Send Paul B a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Might be fun.. I'm in.
Paul B.
Go to Top of Page

curly

Canada
3042 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2006 :  23:35:46  Show Profile Send curly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a plan....count me in as well...

Curly

Go to Top of Page

Rapier
Advanced Member

USA
623 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  12:30:22  Show Profile Send Rapier a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will participate.

Will the insertion portion of the program allow for copying and pasting from Word? What size photos and can the photos be loaded from our computer file or will we need a host and magic to get a photo into the article where we want it put? Will the photos stay if the program is upgraded? Might Word and an inserted photo be used? Will we be using a word editor that has a problem with things like flat bastard file and can not be modified for "gun talk?"
Ed

There is a remedy for all things, save death
Go to Top of Page

determined451
Advanced Member

973 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  07:31:42  Show Profile  Click to see determined451's MSN Messenger address  Send determined451 a Yahoo! Message Send determined451 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
think that is a great idea...I don't know how much writing i would do...but sure look forward to reading...D451

The Second Amendment.. America's Original Homeland Security
Go to Top of Page

Tomygun

USA
476 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2007 :  00:57:49  Show Profile Send Tomygun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Morten, "My Bench" is a good idea and I don't know why I took so long to find this post. Please post this again under Reloading General to see if anyone responds with suggestions. Tomygun

Tom
Go to Top of Page

oh_fubar
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  19:30:06  Show Profile Send oh_fubar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would be interested in reading those posts.
I think this is a great addition to a already wonderful forum.
Go to Top of Page

IraqVet2003
Advanced Member

USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  13:57:47  Show Profile Send IraqVet2003 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Same here sounds like fun Im in.
Go to Top of Page

haylspa

USA
60 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  03:51:51  Show Profile Send haylspa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that sounds like a really good idea! I think a lot of people would like that as an addition to this sight, I am sure they would get a lot more out of it to:)

take care

if you give up your rights for security in the end you will have neither
Go to Top of Page

ethmoid1999
Advanced Member

USA
3707 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  07:55:16  Show Profile Send ethmoid1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You bet!
Go to Top of Page

Smoke48

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2009 :  11:18:19  Show Profile Send Smoke48 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morten

Iím working on a new concept on our site that will allow us to post articles within a pre made framework. This means you donít have to have any knowledge of writing and publishing things for the Internet, to participate.
My idea is that everybody that wants will have access to his (her?) own publisher page on this site (not within the forum) and can publish any small or large article regarding our interests. It doesnít matter if it is an in-depth article about ballistics, advanced reloading techniques, report from your latest hunting trip, or just some thoughts about guns and shooting. Nothing is too much and nothing is too little.
This new feature (itís actually got a name already; MyBench) will replace the article/editorial section as we know it today.

An early example:

You should be able to add pictures, host your own link collection, have an event calendar (opening hours at your shooting range, hunt season dates, gun shows, competitions, etc) and maybe a few more features as I get time to add them.
It will of course be a ďfree for all/everybodyĒ thingÖ

Anyone interested? Reply to this post or send me a PM. If Iím done with bad luck, MyBench should be up and running this week.

Morten

Hooah! May the 2nd Amendment Guide Our Lives, that our Forefathers fought for and died for.

Gun Owners Of America
We don't compromise, You shouldn't either!

If Gun's Kill People, then....
- Pencils miss spel words!
- Cars make people drive drunk!
- Spoons made Rosie O'Donnell FAT!!!
Go to Top of Page

Smoke48

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2009 :  11:21:06  Show Profile Send Smoke48 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I am new to forums and accidently posted Mortens article again, my apologies. I wanted to let you know that I am very interested in this. I am a gunsmith and have been working on modifications to hunting rifles and working on special handloads that can virtually give any hunting rifle SUB MOA accuracy at 100 yds. So this would be very cool. Thanks Morten

Hooah! May the 2nd Amendment Guide Our Lives, that our Forefathers fought for and died for.

Gun Owners Of America
We don't compromise, You shouldn't either!

If Gun's Kill People, then....
- Pencils miss spel words!
- Cars make people drive drunk!
- Spoons made Rosie O'Donnell FAT!!!
Go to Top of Page

wellsteins

USA
20 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  16:59:29  Show Profile Send wellsteins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
...and the Mybench area is where???
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06