Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Reloading General
 General forum
 Important announcement about pictures!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

morten
Administrator

Norway
630 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2005 :  15:05:39  Show Profile  Visit morten's Homepage  Click to see morten's MSN Messenger address Send morten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The problem “hotlinking” to ReloadersNest is increasing in an alarming tempo and needs to taken action on.
Hotlinking is when someone creates a webpage on their server and use images stored on this server. This is most commonly seen on forums these days. When someone places a post on a forum on the web and within his post he places an image. The source URL for this image is however on this server. The problem with this hotlinking is when ReloadersNest serves these images to really busy forums, it will utilize a large bandwidth to ReloadersNest (remember ReloadersNest are serving the image at the other forum).
Tonight it was really bad. For every visitor at ReloadersNest, our web server sent images to 20 visitors on other pages/forums. The number reached 500 tonight. This will cause the Internet link and web server to slow down.

To prevent this I have tonight disabled the possibility to hotlink to images at Reloader's Nest. If you have placed such an image on another forum, you will notice that the image won’t be shown.

Morten

woolecox

USA
236 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  11:59:18  Show Profile Send woolecox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there another way to post pictures without hosting them on another site and then linking with a URL?

I don't see any guidance on posting pics anywhere?
Go to Top of Page

Ds28

USA
3279 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  15:25:37  Show Profile Send Ds28 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only way that I know of doing it is to get a photo account on here (free) or use another site like photobucket or snapfish (both free)to store them and then copy and paste the url on here to post

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Go to Top of Page

curly

Canada
3014 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  15:25:46  Show Profile Send curly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You have to have a "photo album" established under your forum name..

Morten usually does this....

See "Photo Album" at bottom of Forums page...

Curly
Go to Top of Page

woolecox

USA
236 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  15:37:29  Show Profile Send woolecox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I PM'ed Morten.

Woolly
Go to Top of Page

Michael_Lloyd

USA
48 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  09:53:23  Show Profile  Visit Michael_Lloyd's Homepage Send Michael_Lloyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I put all of my stuff on a site that I pay for (I'm a semi-pro photographer). I hotlinked from my site to this one a few weeks ago (needed some guidance on why a case was bulging. Got my answer elsewhere so it's not a huge deal) and it appears that the post was deleted. Is that why? I didn't hot link from here to another forum, I hotlinked from my site to this one.
Go to Top of Page

Big Harry

USA
290 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  07:36:25  Show Profile  Visit Big Harry's Homepage Send Big Harry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since I do not like to keep my pictures on other sites, and I do reference some of them frequently on several sites, I have my pictures stored on one of my own sites that is not very active. The link addresses can be stored in a notepad file for an easy copy and paste to any site without stealing bandwidth.
Go to Top of Page

BISCUT

3501 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  11:31:50  Show Profile Send BISCUT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure how it's done, but I have an APP for my phone that's for another form (F-150 forum) and it's so easy to upload a pic to a thread! I wonder if maybe we can get MORTEN to take a look at that?
Go to Top of Page

Bigdog57
Average Member

USA
141 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  10:20:46  Show Profile Send Bigdog57 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I find the "tinypic" hosting site to be very user-friendly, far more so than photobucket, and still free.

"A noble spirit embiggen's even the smallest man!"
Jebediah Springfield
Go to Top of Page

WonderMan4
Advanced Member

USA
1209 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2013 :  00:29:16  Show Profile Send WonderMan4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like another SPAM??
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
5347 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2013 :  09:42:11  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yea the original post was from 2005.
Go to Top of Page

lvwuyuan
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2013 :  01:48:13  Show Profile  Visit lvwuyuan's Homepage Send lvwuyuan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Deleted

Edited by - Dom on Oct 21 2013 12:20:02
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
5347 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2013 :  09:29:08  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
MORE SPAM!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06