Important announcement about pictures!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

morten
Administrator

Norway
659 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2005 :  15:04:31  Show Profile  Visit morten's Homepage  Click to see morten's MSN Messenger address Send morten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The problem “hotlinking” to ReloadersNest is increasing in an alarming tempo and needs to taken action on.
Hotlinking is when someone creates a webpage on their server and use images stored on this server. This is most commonly seen on forums these days. When someone places a post on a forum on the web and within his post he places an image. The source URL for this image is however on this server. The problem with this hotlinking is when ReloadersNest serves these images to really busy forums, it will utilize a large bandwidth to ReloadersNest (remember ReloadersNest are serving the image at the other forum).
Tonight it was really bad. For every visitor at ReloadersNest, our web server sent images to 20 visitors on other pages/forums. The number reached 500 tonight. This will cause the Internet link and web server to slow down.

To prevent this I have tonight disabled the possibility to hotlink to images at ReloadersNest. If you have placed such an image on another forum, you will notice that the image won’t be shown.

Morten
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06