Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Zero333
Advanced Member

Canada
774 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2017 :  22:16:31  Show Profile Send Zero333 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shastaboat

So what velocity are you getting with 4831?

I've never loaded H-4831 where I reached pressure signs but with a 22" bbl I got 2,962 with 105's and 3,060 in a 26" bbl with 107's.

Thus far best one-hole accuracy with H-4831 has been with milder loads... 2,945 is the sweet spot in one of my 26" bbls with 107's.

I actually never reached signs of pressure with any of my 243's regardless of powder being used. If I thought I needed more speed I would neck down a 300winmag to 6mm and fill it full of 50bmg powder

Treat that trigger like itís your first date, not like youíve been married to it for 20 years.
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
9031 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2017 :  09:05:50  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah but then you would have to bring a wheelbarrow to carry the thing around.

Really, I've been impressed with the accuracy of H100V. Meters well. beats the speed of 4350 and has been accurate where I've tried it. You might want to try it. Budlight turned me on to it.

Edited by - Shastaboat on Jul 29 2017 09:11:15
Go to Top of Page

Zero333
Advanced Member

Canada
774 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2017 :  23:34:47  Show Profile Send Zero333 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I'll give it a try one of these days. I just rarely read or hear much about it, but from your opinion it sounds like a good alternative to H-4350 and worth trying.

Treat that trigger like itís your first date, not like youíve been married to it for 20 years.
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
9031 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2017 :  10:18:07  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And It is cheaper some places by about $4.00 a lb.
Go to Top of Page

noylj
Advanced Member

USA
553 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2017 :  16:33:42  Show Profile Send noylj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget lot of powder.

A whole lot of tomfoolery has been created by printing the velocity. Everyone seems to think that, while different manuals have different max loads (and, therefore different start loads) and very different velocities, caused by testing with different lots of powder, different lots of bullets (and, in most cases, totally different bullets), different cases, different primers, and different COLs using totally different guns, that for some reason the manual THEY have should exactly match what their gun gives them.
Then, there is the still unexplained phenomenon of the "fast" barrel where you take two barrels off the assembly line, measure them and they seem to have "exactly" the same dimensions, yet one shoot 100-200 fps faster than the other.
Think about it.

Then said he unto them; But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Luke 22:36

Edited by - noylj on Aug 01 2017 16:34:34
Go to Top of Page

noylj
Advanced Member

USA
553 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2017 :  16:34:47  Show Profile Send noylj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget lot of powder.

A whole lot of tomfoolery has been created by printing the velocity. Everyone seems to think that, while different manuals have different max loads (and, therefore different start loads) by testing with different lots of powder, different lots of bullets (and, in most cases, totally different bullets), different cases, different primers, and different COLs using totally different guns, that for some reason the manual THEY have should exactly match what their gun gives them.
Then, there is the still unexplained phenomenon of the "fast" barrel where you take two barrels off the assembly line, measure them and they seem to have "exactly" the same dimensions, yet one shoot 100-200 fps faster than the other.
Think about it.

Then said he unto them; But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Luke 22:36
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06