Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Reloading General
 General forum
 Anybody using their Interweb Cam for reloading?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Land_Owner
Average Member

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2017 :  15:56:45  Show Profile  Visit Land_Owner's Homepage Send Land_Owner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw an image on another site in which the OP was using his web cam to view the vernier on his balance beam scale. He had a head's up and closeup display on his flat screen monitor right in front of him. I get a neck ache from leaning over to view the vernier and thought that a terrific idea to use and share.

If it was easy, anybody could do it!

Zero333
Advanced Member

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2017 :  16:08:14  Show Profile Send Zero333 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For about $8 you can get a stand alone mini camera that plugs into the laptop or PC via USB. It might be easier to set up than a whole laptop in front of the bean scale.

https://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Megapixel-Camera-Desktop-Computer/dp/B00OB88HI4/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1500494756&sr=8-8&keywords=usb+camera

If I used my 5-0-5 more often this is exactly what I would get.

I kinda like my Chargemaster 1500. Even tho I don't use it for pistol reloading, I still use it's scale to verify charge weights.

Treat that trigger like it’s your first date, not like you’ve been married to it for 20 years.

Edited by - Zero333 on Jul 19 2017 16:09:57
Go to Top of Page

Land_Owner
Average Member

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2017 :  15:02:52  Show Profile  Visit Land_Owner's Homepage Send Land_Owner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My reloading mentor suggested that I adjust the height of the scale so that the vernier "looked even" when it was fully charged and my head erect, even though viewed from the front , at dead level, it would appear to be misaligned. Consistency is desired and a 50.5 grain (say) charge that is viewed straight on and dead level is still 50.5 grains when the scale height is manipulated to view the vernier as "even" with the head up.

Still, I REALLY like the web camera idea. Cheap, simple, large close-up display, and another GADGET to bring reloading into the 21st Century that looks tacti-cool.

If it was easy, anybody could do it!

Edited by - Land_Owner on Jul 28 2017 07:32:24
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06