General forum
 RCBS Chargemaster or Chargemaster lite?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

caveman0101

USA
237 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2017 :  20:09:10  Show Profile Send caveman0101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
About to buy one of these, looking into the new chargemaster lite. Heaviest load I make is less than 100gr. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt" Lincoln/Twain

Onondaga
Advanced Member

USA
3986 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2017 :  00:04:47  Show Profile Send Onondaga a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Read the accuracy specifications for both. If they both claim the same accuracy then make something else the deciding factor.

Fine rifles are never really owned.
Go to Top of Page

Zero333
Advanced Member

Canada
774 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2017 :  08:35:14  Show Profile Send Zero333 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have the chargemaster 1500combo and it kicks ass.

If the lite one is just as accurate (I'm 99% sure it would be) I would not hesitate getting it because it would take up less room !!!

Treat that trigger like itís your first date, not like youíve been married to it for 20 years.
Go to Top of Page

Zero333
Advanced Member

Canada
774 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2017 :  08:38:38  Show Profile Send Zero333 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whichever one you choose, just don't leave pistol powder in the hopper for more than 1 day. I left TiteGroup in for 5 days and it started sticking to the plastic and distorting it.

I guess high nitroglycerin content of the pistol powder is to blame.
I've left Rifle powders like Varget and H-4831 in the hopper for more than a week and nothing bad happened.

From now on I'm gonna learn how to use my powder drop dispenser for pistol powders. Chargemaster is too slow for loading pistol cartridges, unless they use more than 20gr of powder.

Treat that trigger like itís your first date, not like youíve been married to it for 20 years.

Edited by - Zero333 on Jun 23 2017 08:41:58
Go to Top of Page

budlight
Advanced Member

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2017 :  10:41:03  Show Profile Send budlight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is just my advice. I thought that I had to go electronic instead of weighing out every load. But I was into F1 competition shooting and accuracy was everything. Well i got burned out on traveling to shooting matches.

The next phase of my life was volume reloading and you get tired of waiting for the electronic powder spitter to drop in those last couple of grains.

So I bought the RCBS Competition powder measure. My $275 electronic has been in a closet now for 10 years. I periodically weigh a powder dump and they are always right on down to the 10th

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/517346/rcbs-competition-powder-measure-with-small-and-large-metering-drum
Go to Top of Page

Dom

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2017 :  12:02:02  Show Profile Send Dom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also have the Chargemaster Combo 1500 and it does all I need to do. Scales and powder drops have been sitting in the closet for 10 years gathering dust.

I rarely ever wait on the charge, because after I push the dispense button I'm seating the bullet. By the time I'm done with that I hear the beep. I don't load any pistol calibers with it, rifle only. If I load for pistol it is with a powder drop.

Guess it all depends on your loading process, but there's no way in hexx I'll ever go back to drops or scales for rifle reloading.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06