Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ethmoid1999
Advanced Member

USA
4374 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2017 :  08:09:32  Show Profile Send ethmoid1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the damned hackers caused this. Maybe participation will pick up. As for me, until I retire, I'm going to be mostly unable to load and shoot. I hope that is resolved soon
Go to Top of Page

roverhound

USA
73 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  06:12:00  Show Profile Send roverhound a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is the new forum still up? I get an unsafe notification from Chrome since it isn't a secure site (HTTP instead of HTTPS) and if I click past that a 404 (not found)error.
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
9000 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  10:28:26  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roverhound

Is the new forum still up? I get an unsafe notification from Chrome since it isn't a secure site (HTTP instead of HTTPS) and if I click past that a 404 (not found)error.

No it is not. Morten dumped it I think after so many problems. Just stay here and enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

mtmuley
Advanced Member

USA
1804 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  11:14:44  Show Profile Send mtmuley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know that back in 2004 when I joined, there was way more traffic here than there is now. There are a lot of guys that no longer post here, for whatever the reason. Sure miss some of them. mtmuley
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
9000 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  22:59:10  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some have passed.
Go to Top of Page

mtmuley
Advanced Member

USA
1804 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2017 :  22:25:40  Show Profile Send mtmuley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some are gone maybe. There were a lot more guys here a few years ago. Young guys. Hope it picks up.mtmuley
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
9000 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2017 :  06:10:46  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also communicate with a forum on Facebook and I wonder if that is a more modern format thing. I just don't know. There is a younger crowd there and I think it's an instant gratification thing.
Go to Top of Page

MIKESBARRO
Advanced Member

USA
3165 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2017 :  08:03:19  Show Profile Send MIKESBARRO a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A lot of the "regulars" haven't been around in a while. Check out the member list and when people's last posts were. Usually slow in the summer anyways.

Mike

Awards are like hemmoroids......if you live long enough, every asshole gets one.
Go to Top of Page

jrhen
Average Member

USA
132 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2017 :  21:30:33  Show Profile Send jrhen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I made it back! Like other's reported I got the warnings and then the 404 error. Cheers.

The glass is neither have empty or half full if you drink from the hosebib :)
Go to Top of Page

Kosh75287
Advanced Member

USA
730 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2017 :  01:38:29  Show Profile Send Kosh75287 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
You can hunt brombies (feral horse) and wild ass over there with no issues.

If it was legal to hunt feral asses in the U.S., we'd lose half of congress overnight.

quote:
For fact, this is not the only site which is experiencing a downturn in participation.

I concur. I've noticed a downturn on all the sites I visit (tho I'm ASSUMING there's no cause-effect relationship there).

God bless Jeff Cooper

Carpe SCOTCH!

Edited by - Kosh75287 on Jul 06 2017 01:47:19
Go to Top of Page

Land_Owner
Average Member

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2017 :  09:49:56  Show Profile  Visit Land_Owner's Homepage Send Land_Owner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I Moderate at Graybeard Outdoors Forums. There has been a significant downturn of use there as well.

I note that in casual use Cast Boolits seems to be going strong although I have not been there sufficiently to make an "authoratative" assertation with regard to their continued "health".

Other comparators from your observations of other sites would be nice...

If it was easy, anybody could do it!
Go to Top of Page

eric2381
Advanced Member

Canada
2174 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  23:14:34  Show Profile Send eric2381 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hardly check in anymore. Just seems that the forum was dead and I had other things to do. Just being my honest.

I've never saw a hearse with a luggage rack....
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
9000 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2017 :  08:42:07  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
eric2381, We are still here. Keep coming back.
Go to Top of Page

Kosh75287
Advanced Member

USA
730 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2017 :  16:43:38  Show Profile Send Kosh75287 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I try to check in about every other day. I'm STILL learning a lot form people who are doing/have done things I haven't tried yet. Once in a while, someone gets snooty, or they catch me in a particularly prickly mood (sorry when that happens). and I say something abrasive. I try to keep it in check, most days, though. Feel free to point out when I'm overly abrasive. Nobody's "self-monotoring" mechanism is infallible.

God bless Jeff Cooper

Carpe SCOTCH!
Go to Top of Page

Land_Owner
Average Member

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2017 :  14:43:52  Show Profile  Visit Land_Owner's Homepage Send Land_Owner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gratefully, as a Site Moderator on another forum, with "attendance" down, it is easier to stay ahead of any avalanche. In the "hay days" and so much going on at one time, it was quite often a few days before the volunteers could attend to every little detail. For the Users, of which I was one at the time, it was sometimes frustrating to ask for moderation only to hear nothing in a timely manner. So I volunteered and when accepted took on responsibility a little bit at a time, then later a whole lot. Getting one's feet wet as the "New Sheriff in Town" is significantly easier in the famine rather than the feast.

If it was easy, anybody could do it!

Edited by - Land_Owner on Jul 27 2017 14:44:44
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06