Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

DUSTY NOGGIN
Advanced Member

USA
768 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2017 :  09:57:33  Show Profile Send DUSTY NOGGIN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
check in every once in a while , would you

WonderMan4
Advanced Member

USA
2869 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2017 :  12:14:37  Show Profile Send WonderMan4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I been wondering that myself. Ain't anyone posting hardly at all anymore.
Go to Top of Page

Onondaga
Advanced Member

USA
4034 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2017 :  15:25:19  Show Profile Send Onondaga a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The summer solstice gets people outside playing more. However the CBA Forum has been busier than usual for weeks, but the CBA has a professional instigator that starts many posts by bringing up stuff from old pasts that could have been covered better, he is good at it and breathes new life into that old forum. He is David Reiss CBA Membership Director.

Gary

Fine rifles are never really owned.

Edited by - Onondaga on Jun 22 2017 15:34:08
Go to Top of Page

Leatherstocking
Average Member

Canada
147 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2017 :  15:30:41  Show Profile Send Leatherstocking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I still check in, and asked a few questions lately, but not much traffic.
Go to Top of Page

ethmoid1999
Advanced Member

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2017 :  18:04:21  Show Profile Send ethmoid1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm in the oil field and haven't had much time. I check in every day though.
Go to Top of Page

ligonierbill

USA
202 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2017 :  08:08:14  Show Profile Send ligonierbill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was going to the "new" site, but started getting warnings when I tried. Came back here. But I wonder if folks got scared off.
Go to Top of Page

bad arrow
Advanced Member

Canada
799 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2017 :  11:32:40  Show Profile Send bad arrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I check my favorite site a couple times a day....I think some members were scared off wondering if there was going to be a nest or not, this site or the other reloadersnest.
Go to Top of Page

Rapier
Advanced Member

USA
794 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2017 :  12:20:42  Show Profile Send Rapier a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is just the old, new, and old again. It will catch up again.
Ed

Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
9148 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2017 :  17:21:25  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just got back from 5 days in the hot Nevada desert running my UTV around 7-Troughs mining district. Saw more damn BLM donkeys than I could count. 150 just at the Porter Springs rough camping area. Probably saw 500 to 700 in 4 days. A handful of antelope, not one mule deer and no more than 100 head of cattle. I guess donkeys could be the new mule deer if we could get a tag for one...I'm calling my friend at BLM on Monday and giving him a piece of my mind for not removing some of the jackasses off the Nevada Range. I did see a real nice black stallion and a few mares and a new colt in that area. I also saw about 50 other mustangs right off Interstate 80 East of Fernley. Nevada's game numbers are way down! I didn't see one republican elephant...lots of Muslim virgins and ex-virgins though. Shot a few jackrabbits. There was a time that burros were legal to shoot.
Go to Top of Page

woods
Advanced Member

USA
2133 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2017 :  22:10:32  Show Profile Send woods a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Donkeys are less susceptible to predations (coyotes eating their offspring, etc.)

http://ag.ansc.purdue.edu/sheep/ansc442/Semprojs/2002/predation/llamas_and_donkeys.htm

Yet another form of protecting sheep from predation involves the use of guard donkeys. Many ranchers and producers in Canada, as well as the U.S. and Australia, have used these animals as a guardian from dogs, coyotes and wolves. Donkeys serve as good guardians from these predators as they severely dislike dog-like creatures. They will chase, bray at, and severely beat a predator with their front legs. Their loud alert will not only alarm the sheep, but perhaps the shepherd as well-keeping the herd safe one way or another.

When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

After Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF!

Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
9148 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2017 :  00:10:56  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey I had donkeys as a kid and again as an adult. I really do like them but when the Federal Government lets them breed to excess and doesn't do the job of maintaining their numbers on public lands to a manageable degree then something needs to be done. Public lands are for hunt able wildlife and not to just let domestic animals go feral. Can you imagine if some liberal fools decided to protect feral pigs? I'd say it's time to revise or repeal the Wild Horse and Burro Act. Besides I'd like to see how they taste.
Go to Top of Page

ethmoid1999
Advanced Member

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2017 :  08:24:54  Show Profile Send ethmoid1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Donkeys can be quite dangerous. A jack is a very treacherous and aggressive animal.
Go to Top of Page

ethmoid1999
Advanced Member

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2017 :  08:27:16  Show Profile Send ethmoid1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shasta, off topic a bit but liberal fools are protecting feral people and importing more and now the pig and donkeys are minor in comparison!
Go to Top of Page

Hockeynick39
Advanced Member

USA
4698 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2017 :  10:16:04  Show Profile  Send Hockeynick39 an AOL message Send Hockeynick39 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shasta, if you make it to Australia before I do, let me know how they taste. You can hunt brombies (feral horse) and wild ass over there with no issues.
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
9148 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2017 :  10:24:15  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hockeynick39

Shasta, if you make it to Australia before I do, let me know how they taste. You can hunt brombies (feral horse) and wild ass over there with no issues.

Nick, my Australian buds are coming over on 7/26 to ship some V8 engines and a GMC truck home...I'll ask them if they've ever eaten donkey or horse. The problem is that they have lost so much of their firearms rights that they might as well be British Subjects again.
Go to Top of Page

Land_Owner
Average Member

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2017 :  11:03:53  Show Profile  Visit Land_Owner's Homepage Send Land_Owner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I cannot say that I have been "one of the regulars" although the "changeover" to the new/old/new/old web site was dizzying. If we are STAYING HERE, that'll be good. I will participate more often...

For fact, this is not the only site which is experiencing a downturn in participation.

If it was easy, anybody could do it!

Edited by - Land_Owner on Jun 29 2017 11:04:48
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06