Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Reloading General
 General forum
 Bushnell?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

339 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  15:34:53  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a Bushnell Sportview 3x9 variable that came on a rifle I traded for. The variable ring is locked shut and one of the recticles is broken. The scope is basically worthless. Any idea of what Bushnell would charge to repair or replace it? It might not be worth repairing, but then again, it might.
7x57guy

curly

Canada
3042 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  17:37:32  Show Profile Send curly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Garbage my good man......garbage....Do yourself and the rifle a favour and put a Leupy VX-II atop that smokepole.....You will appreciate it when the temperature hits -30 degrees....

Curly
Go to Top of Page

Coyote50

USA
385 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  17:39:49  Show Profile Send Coyote50 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree.....dump it.

A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on its user-Theodore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

ethmoid1999
Advanced Member

USA
3710 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  18:17:24  Show Profile Send ethmoid1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I gave mine to my Granddaughter and she took it apart to see what made it tick. Untick actually. I only had that one Bushnell and got it on a rifle. I figured it was junk and it was. I never tried another.
Go to Top of Page

ranger335v
Advanced Member

1633 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  21:26:40  Show Profile Send ranger335v a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bushnell makes a wide range of scopes, from very inexpensive with qualiy to match others in the low price range up to quite costly and excellant. There's no logic to applying broad observations across the board as if they were all the same.

- Common sense is an uncommon quality -
Go to Top of Page

SWABBY56
Advanced Member

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  00:13:23  Show Profile Send SWABBY56 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a very old bushnell on a 30-30 that I got when I was 14. That was 42 years ago. It has never failed me and works well on that rifle. Now adays I would not buy a Bushnell because they are totally junk!!! Like somebody said in an earlier post, BUY A LEUPOLD!! they are fantastic.
Go to Top of Page

DocHolladay
Advanced Member

USA
1305 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  00:44:52  Show Profile Send DocHolladay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bushnell Elite's and Elite 6500's are well worth every penny paid, with the 6500 being the upper end..

Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shooting stuff!
Go to Top of Page

jighead45
Average Member

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  02:11:30  Show Profile Send jighead45 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bought a broken Bushnell off of ebay, sent it to them and a couple weeks later had a brand new one in the mail, no questions asked.

I would imagine they will do the same for you. Even if you don't want it, trade or sell it to someone else.

Your reputation far exceeds your skill level.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

339 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  09:33:15  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by curly

Garbage my good man......garbage....Do yourself and the rifle a favour and put a Leupy VX-II atop that smokepole.....You will appreciate it when the temperature hits -30 degrees....

Curly

Yeah, I know what you mean. Those below 30 degree days here in central Florida are quite miserable for hunting.
7x57guy
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

339 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  09:34:57  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jighead45

I bought a broken Bushnell off of ebay, sent it to them and a couple weeks later had a brand new one in the mail, no questions asked.

I would imagine they will do the same for you. Even if you don't want it, trade or sell it to someone else.

Did you just send it in to them, or did you also send one of their "repair forms" with it?
7x57guy
Go to Top of Page

ranger335v
Advanced Member

1633 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  10:34:52  Show Profile Send ranger335v a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"...I would not buy a Bushnell because they are totally junk!!! Like somebody said in an earlier post, BUY A LEUPOLD!! they are fantastic."

Well... if you're actually expecting perfection every time from Oregon it's nice to know the warrantee is good.

- Common sense is an uncommon quality -
Go to Top of Page

jighead45
Average Member

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  11:12:44  Show Profile Send jighead45 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Did you just send it in to them, or did you also send one of their "repair forms" with it?
7x57guy

I did a form from their website and sent it with the scope and got a new scope a few weeks later.

Your reputation far exceeds your skill level.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

339 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  11:25:22  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks jighead. I'll send it in and see what happens.
7x57guy
Go to Top of Page

ethmoid1999
Advanced Member

USA
3710 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  10:30:15  Show Profile Send ethmoid1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have noticed there are some pricier and even some expensive Bushnells. They may be good. Bad experience with the economy models gives the company a bad name. Redfield got sorry many years ago and now are more accepted as good since Leupold builds them and has a warranty. Weaver did the same. I've checked a whole lot of old Bushnells on relatives and friends rifles. They say they used to work but sure didn't when they tried the rifles twenty years later. A smith told me there were berrylium springs in many scopes that take a set and make adjustments iffy. I just don't know. I have had good results with Leupold and so far all my very old Weavers still seem fine.
Go to Top of Page

45colt
Advanced Member

1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  12:27:55  Show Profile Send 45colt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is nothing wrong with a Bushnell scope. Their new Sportviews are MUCH better than the ones 20yrs ago, and I still have a few old ones on guns. I've had them on hard kicking guns and varmit guns and they work.

As a matter of fact, I really like the Bushnell Trophy series scopes and have them on a few guns including a 30-06 and a 358 winchester. Both are light guns and the recoil doesn't effect the scopes at all.

"I'd rather die for something, then live for nothing."

Go to Top of Page

Onondaga
Advanced Member

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  13:27:59  Show Profile Send Onondaga a Private Message  Reply with Quote
7X57guy:

All my scopes are Bushnell, I think they are the best. Send it to Bushnell. Tell them it was new old stock that you bought less than 1 year ago. They will fix it under warranty or send you an estimate. You will have a choice and can't lose even if the model is discontinued.

Get the shipping info from a new Bushnell package.

Fee will likely be $15 or zero plus one way shipping. Service will take about one month.

Gary

Fine rifles are never really owned.

Edited by - Onondaga on Aug 06 2012 13:29:01
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06