Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Reloading General
 General forum
 business venture
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jdmorris
Advanced Member

USA
998 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  00:33:58  Show Profile Send jdmorris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What would you guys say if I said I had a business venture for you?
How many of you wouuld like to be professionals in the gunmaking market?....I am not kidding. Everyone on this site gave me knowledge for what I want to do with my life so I have to give it back. Have you ever thought about living in Virginia and making rifles and ammunition for a living. It is always what I come back to no matter what I do. I love hunting, shooting, and the people like me who do both. I need gunsmiths, hunters, shooters, and People just like me who obsess about what the current rifle manufacturers are doing wrong. Lets just say I might have some capital to get things rolling. How many of you are ready to roll? Like I said, I am not kidding.

Jim

jdmorris
Advanced Member

USA
998 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  01:25:59  Show Profile Send jdmorris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I reallh am not kidding. I want to know what machinists, engineers, and otherwise sane riflemakers are out there who want to change the game. I am sick of what I have been looking out for my whole shooting and hunting life. Rifles should be available for the average man who has 500.oo that can shoot MOA all day long. You know what I am saying. Call me in the next week if you are interested. I am dead serious about this.

Jim Morris
Go to Top of Page

eric2381
Advanced Member

Canada
2016 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  02:03:41  Show Profile Send eric2381 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck with your business venture. Until then, go buy a Savage for $500 and shoot moa all day long.

I've never saw a hearse with a luggage rack....
Go to Top of Page

TxTickPkr
Advanced Member

USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  03:10:26  Show Profile  Send TxTickPkr an AOL message  Send TxTickPkr a Yahoo! Message Send TxTickPkr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jim, it's a great thought and I wish you well. Eric gets 5 bullets for that answer. Give me a Savage every time. I have several custom blueprinted rifles and shooting in the teens is fun but the cost can be high. Every Savage I have ever shot is sub moa with premium ammo before I ever start loading specific loads for it. Besides, you couldn't chase me out of Texas. No dis to other free states.
Those that relenquish liberty for security deserve and shall have neither.

Those who relinquish liberty for security deserve and shall have neither.
Go to Top of Page

Paul B
Advanced Member

3286 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  16:58:37  Show Profile Send Paul B a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I was 30 or 40 years younger I'd take you up on that. I'll legally be 74 in 18 more days. However, I wish you all the luck in the world.
Paul B.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang
Advanced Member

3319 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  22:57:01  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage Send Wolfgang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sheesh Paul, gonna have to change your name to "gramps" ... oh, wait a minute, I'm a grampa so I guess that ain't such a good idea ... Happy Birthday a little early, if I don't say it now, I'll forget in about 20 seconds. They say drinking coffee is supposed to prevent Alzheimer's but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."
Harry S. Truman
mark@fire-iron.biz

Go to Top of Page

TxTickPkr
Advanced Member

USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  02:40:32  Show Profile  Send TxTickPkr an AOL message  Send TxTickPkr a Yahoo! Message Send TxTickPkr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You go paul. I wish you 74 more, if you want them.

Go to Top of Page

Big Harry

USA
290 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  08:45:18  Show Profile  Visit Big Harry's Homepage Send Big Harry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey JD,

Pursue that dream in spite of all of the naysayers that you run into. If the business succeeds, you will be able to gloat, and if it does not, you will have had the satisfaction of trying. You can still gloat in defeat because 99% of everyone else will never try.

Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  09:58:30  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Obama going to help you get started? lol...
Go to Top of Page

TxTickPkr
Advanced Member

USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  02:36:52  Show Profile  Send TxTickPkr an AOL message  Send TxTickPkr a Yahoo! Message Send TxTickPkr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You just might get Obummer to finance it if they are green. Always go for your dream.

Go to Top of Page

crimedog_132
Average Member

USA
149 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  18:37:00  Show Profile Send crimedog_132 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TxTickPkr

You go paul. I wish you 74 more, if you want them.

Gonna have to change his name to Moses then.

Edited by - crimedog_132 on Aug 04 2012 18:37:25
Go to Top of Page

jdmorris
Advanced Member

USA
998 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  18:37:52  Show Profile Send jdmorris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I could only own one kind of rifle that is mass-produced by a major manufacturer it would be a Savage hands down. I will have to admit that the only real problems I have with Savage is I wish they would make nicer stocks besides the injected molded plastic and when you are rechambering rounds and ejecting your empty brass the next round will sometimes get stuck in the magazine. Have seen several rifles do it and my most accurate one does in .22-250. But they are darned accurate. Thinking about getting one in .308 winchester in a target or tactical rifle but I change my mind between meals as far as that goes. No Obama isn't going to help me. At least, not involving anything with money.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang
Advanced Member

3319 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  21:13:20  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage Send Wolfgang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
JD, Did you get my email? If not, send me one: flintlockbuilder@yahoo.com

Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."
Harry S. Truman
mark@fire-iron.biz

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06