Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Reloading General
 General forum
 assault rifle ban
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

45colt
Advanced Member

1389 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  14:41:33  Show Profile Send 45colt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder where the politicians are that decry the Colorado shooting but seem to forget the Shooting over in Norway or Sweden a few yrs ago. That guy killed nearly 100 people without a care in the world because he knew there was no one but the police to worry about. Gun Control worked well to protect those people too.

"I'd rather die for something, then live for nothing."

Go to Top of Page

BISCUT

3497 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  15:51:43  Show Profile Send BISCUT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 45colt

quote:
Originally posted by BISCUT

Mark, Excellent! #1 and #2 should be screamed from the hills!!

More than simply gun control, we as a nation are being crucified for American Exceptionalism. European Union was developed to control our economy. The International Court Bush and Clinton refused to sign onto, and NObama has sent envoy's, will erradicate our Constitution. This court seeks not to prosecute criminals, but our politicians and soldiers. Please, look into what this international treaty would do to the US Constitution.

What's worse, since it's an international treaty the president merely has to send it to Senate for ratification. YUP, bypasses the entire Congress!

Open your eyes and scream to every one of your senator's!

I doubt your senators are interested in your 2nd admendment rights biscut. They are rate F every year by the NRA and I have yet to see Chucky or Kristy stand up for anything in regards to guns.

If 51% of their votes screamed at them they would listen. Instead we are apathetic and rely soley on the $35 a year we give to the NRA for membership.
Go to Top of Page

ethmoid1999
Advanced Member

USA
3631 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  16:09:10  Show Profile Send ethmoid1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I email or call mine in Texas a lot. They have been pro-gun and it would work in New York if the gun owners would unite and raise cain. It sure couldn't hurt!
Go to Top of Page

Josh Smith

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  18:12:05  Show Profile  Visit Josh Smith's Homepage Send Josh Smith a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gun sales spiked after the shooting.

I believe it's clear that the American People are voting in themselves rather than the Government these days.

I still wonder what would have happened if someone screwed a .45 into the guy's ear.

We should count among the criminals, I think, the man's parents. His mother, a nurse, suspected something was wrong. They did not get him help.

Josh

Go to Top of Page

TxTickPkr
Advanced Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  02:41:53  Show Profile  Send TxTickPkr an AOL message  Send TxTickPkr a Yahoo! Message Send TxTickPkr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I understand that the blue helmets are deliceous in a smoker with bacon drippings. Try them on a rotating spitt over an open fire and send pictures of the party back where they came from. Make no mistake about it, if the skinny Marxist has another corination crermony he will give our defense secrets to Vladinir, as he said on film and tape without a whimper from cangress, and appoint more racist judges like Sotomyor and Pagan Kagan. Then its's all over unless you want to die for your freedom.Thanks primarily to Political Correctness and The Federal Department of Education that has turned our children into good little communist. There hasn't been a Democrat in Washington since JFK and the Republicrats aren't far behind them. Ever wonder how the nomine is selected by media before there is ever a primary West of the Mississippi?
Smaller and more local government so we can watch them is the only way. VOTE...VOTE...VOTE. I hope we can change this at the voteing booth.

Those who relinquish liberty for security deserve and shall have neither.
Go to Top of Page

45colt
Advanced Member

1389 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  08:24:35  Show Profile Send 45colt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ethmoid1999

I email or call mine in Texas a lot. They have been pro-gun and it would work in New York if the gun owners would unite and raise cain. It sure couldn't hurt!

There is one major difference between Texas and New York. GUN CONTROL is part of everyday life and New York City residence have been brainwashed to believe all guns are evil. That's where the power in in New York State, that's where the population is, and that is where the money is.

Canada is the same way. The residence of the cities voted for politicians that took there gun rights away and there was no amount of calling, letter writing, or screaming going to change the city politians opinions.

"I'd rather die for something, then live for nothing."

Go to Top of Page

ethmoid1999
Advanced Member

USA
3631 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  08:33:36  Show Profile Send ethmoid1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
45 Colt, I expect you are right. The media and liberals have made it a liabilty to be patriotic, religious, or moral. The Department of Education has conveniently altered history to mould the thoughts of young students into liberal thoughts. A whole lot of the destruction of America has been caused by a liberal. communistic education system. Also the media has been the workhorse for the liberals. Even the kids comedy shows promote multiculturalism and low morals.
Go to Top of Page

Fred_C_Dobbs
Advanced Member

678 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  11:33:28  Show Profile Send Fred_C_Dobbs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First of all, you should stop using the term "high capacity" or "large capacity" when referring to the manufacturer's STANDARD capacity magazines. When you do that, you're starting the debate on the back foot because you're accepting the liberals' premise that they control what's 'normal' in magazine capacity. We should be putting the shoe on the other foot, reject the leftists' premise, and refusing to be drawn into a discussion that begins with the assertion that there's anything abnormal or wrong with the manufacturer's STANDARD capacity magazine. Instead, try calling what they propose "reduced" capacity and reject their claim that they are anything but.

The same with WMDs. The term was invented by the Soviets in the 1930s as part of a disinformation campaign to stigmatize the development of unconventional weapons among the western nations because they lagged in their development. Now that WMD is a "dirty word", the liberals and leftists are sliding the scale downard and using it when referring to things like semi-auto AK47s. Call them "unconventional" or NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) weapons but never WMDs fixes and isolates the definition, and limits the debate to a that specific family of weaponry.

We've already given up too much ground playing nice with the leftists, letting them set the terms of the debate. That's the same as always letting your enemy choose the battlefield. It goes without saying he always will select terrain that's advantageous to his disposition, and groom the battlefield to the extent he is able to your disadvantage. The problem with that approach is that conservatives want democracy to be a vigorous competition, a participatory event. They want politics to be a fair game, played by gentlemen's rules. The leftists view it as a fight to the death, and all that matters to them is that they win.

Beyond the sheer unconstitutionality of this (Ex Post Facto, 14th Amendment, et al), it will never pass. Klinton's 1994 anti-gun bill (don't use the term "assault weapon" either) passed in the house by a scant two votes, even though the Dims had a clear majority. Today, the Republicans in the house have the clear majority, and quite a few of them are rock-ribbed TEA Party conservatives. All most of these professional politicians care about is re-election, and even the Dims memories are long enough that they recall what a bloodletting there was in the 1994 elections, in large part because of their support of Klinton's bill. It will not pass.

This is part of the Dim's strategy top keep us spun up and distracted from the greater issue of the presidential election. In military terms, it's called H&I, harassment and interdiction. They want us wrung out and disheartened from the constant squabbling before November ever gets here, so they will throw up all manner of vexations between now and then.

But it's important to keep you eye on the prize and don't expend all you ammunition before November. Because if Ubama gets re-elected, it's not just your guns you'll be loosing, it'll be the US Constitution as well. When that's gone, none of the rest matters.

I'll bet ya a hundred and five thousand dollars you go to sleep before I do.
-- Dobbsie
Go to Top of Page

Big Harry

USA
290 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  12:48:11  Show Profile  Visit Big Harry's Homepage Send Big Harry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's my opinion for what it is worth. The government wants absolute power and control, and it will not stop until it has that power and control. Taking away our firearms is the only way that they can achieve their goals without risking a violent revolution. Given that, the present administration and all following administrations will keep moving us in the direction of gun control until we are a disarmed third world nation and part of the globalist society. Crying over new laws passed by lawless men will not stop that fact.

As a free man and a member of the Republic, none of this crap bothers me since the Constitution of the Republic protects my actions to defend this country against tyranny, whether with my own arms or newer, cooler weaponry that is use by the minions of the tyrants.
Go to Top of Page

TxTickPkr
Advanced Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  03:05:36  Show Profile  Send TxTickPkr an AOL message  Send TxTickPkr a Yahoo! Message Send TxTickPkr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Buiscuit is absolutely right, as usual. We conservitives need to realize that the left mind is deranged. Quit with the nicey nicey. Look what it did for McCain. Bright spot, the lefties really want a fight to the death with us. Of course this is the last thing I want to see but as it stands now, we are only feeding NRA lawyers and having to fight it it all over every year. It's almost as rediculous as adults playing childrens games with balls for profesional titles every year, OPIUM FOR THE MASSES.
Those that relenquish liberty for security deserve and shall have neither.

Go to Top of Page

TxTickPkr
Advanced Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  03:10:55  Show Profile  Send TxTickPkr an AOL message  Send TxTickPkr a Yahoo! Message Send TxTickPkr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Note to the correct comments by Colt45. The money and voteing blocks are in the big N.E. cities but do you really think the hive dwellers can feed themselves.

Go to Top of Page

Fred_C_Dobbs
Advanced Member

678 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  16:39:00  Show Profile Send Fred_C_Dobbs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The cybersecurity act bill (and attached poison pill magazine amendment) failed to pass a cloture vote yesterday, so you kin stick it with a fork, it's done.

I'll bet ya a hundred and five thousand dollars you go to sleep before I do.
-- Dobbsie
Go to Top of Page

TxTickPkr
Advanced Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  01:31:44  Show Profile  Send TxTickPkr an AOL message  Send TxTickPkr a Yahoo! Message Send TxTickPkr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great info and site Dobbsie. "Enhanced Cyber Security" brought to us for our bebifit from Washington. That can't be good. How do I nav the site to read bills? You are a treasure.

Go to Top of Page

TxTickPkr
Advanced Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  02:24:30  Show Profile  Send TxTickPkr an AOL message  Send TxTickPkr a Yahoo! Message Send TxTickPkr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know anything about the Failed UN Small Arms Treaty? Is it true that if they can get 65 of those little countries run by dubious colonels in gaudy uniforms, and they can, and Obummer signs on, it becomes the law of the land unless voted down by the senate. The votes are there to shut it down, at least in an election year, but Harry Reed will never allow it to come to a vote. What's all this about the house and senate making up prcedural rules for differens apps. I know that parlamentary procedure allows the setting of rules but it seem this bunch never lets them get stale.We are supposed to be a represenative republik but this hardly seems even democratic which at best is mob rule.GeeWhilikers we need to have voters show picture ID at least and a sinple civics test wouldn't hurt either. How about you get in on your last years tax returns. Surely that's not too much to ask. We've got people in nurseing homes voteing who can't recognise their own children. I hear if you're a registered democrat you can vote for 12 years after death. I guess it breaks the monotiny.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06