Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Reloading General
 General forum
 assault rifle ban
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

marshhawk
Average Member

100 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2012 :  01:03:57  Show Profile Send marshhawk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Treaty failed just a bit ago.

Currently reloading for 6.5mm Swedish, 7.5mm Swiss, 7.7mm Japanese, .260 Remington, .280 Remington
Go to Top of Page

ethmoid1999
Advanced Member

USA
3667 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2012 :  08:43:35  Show Profile Send ethmoid1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is one bright spot! Now I hope and pray we can get the communists out of the drivers seat of the Titanic. It's taking on water!
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang
Advanced Member

3338 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2012 :  14:58:52  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage Send Wolfgang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now the hi-cap mag ban comes up in this week in D.C.

People really need to get involved in politics or there ain't gonna be nothing left to distract them from government run amuck!

Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."
Harry S. Truman
mark@fire-iron.biz

Go to Top of Page

Fred_C_Dobbs
Advanced Member

678 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2012 :  15:08:59  Show Profile Send Fred_C_Dobbs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you didn't learn your lesson from Klinton's AWB and haven't already stocked up on all the standard (calling them hi-cap IS A LIE ) capacity magazines you could ever need, that's a lick on you.

I'll bet ya a hundred and five thousand dollars you go to sleep before I do.
-- Dobbsie
Go to Top of Page

ethmoid1999
Advanced Member

USA
3667 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2012 :  15:15:20  Show Profile Send ethmoid1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fred is right.
Go to Top of Page

Paul B
Advanced Member

3316 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2012 :  17:36:03  Show Profile Send Paul B a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Read it and weep. Dung for brains is at it again along with all the usual suspects.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/07/27/Sen-Schumer-Seeks-Ban-on-High-Cap-Mags-and-Assault-Weapons-Next-Week

Paul B.
Go to Top of Page

Paul B
Advanced Member

3316 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2012 :  17:38:09  Show Profile Send Paul B a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 45colt

If the Blue Helmets coming knocking on your door because King Obama thinks we should be sudject to UN laws, then it won't matter what you own. Single shot or military looking fun gun, they will all go bye bye.

Blue helmets mak great targets. Aim slightly below.
Paul B.
Go to Top of Page

ethmoid1999
Advanced Member

USA
3667 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2012 :  17:45:13  Show Profile Send ethmoid1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Blue helmets would mean an alien, invading force, I reckon.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang
Advanced Member

3338 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  09:31:05  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage Send Wolfgang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fred_C_Dobbs

If you didn't learn your lesson from Klinton's AWB and haven't already stocked up on all the standard (calling them hi-cap IS A LIE ) capacity magazines you could ever need, that's a lick on you.

Problem is they're not intent on just banning the "purchase/transfer", they're intent is on making hi-cap's class III which means registering each one for $200/yr tax or surrendering them for destruction. They will play the end-run around the constitution game such that requiring a "permit" is not an outright "ban". The push for "licensing" has been on for some time and it will come if "the people" remain apathetic. It's not about h-cap's, it's about "all guns" and "all ammunition".

Why do you think there is such a push to ban Pb (lead)? Look at the lies produced by the Joyce Foundation in coordination with the EPA & DEP and how Barnes Bullets played right into it selling-out gun owners for the sole purpose of financial gains which is not any different than S&W and Colt selling-out gun owners by supporting the Clinton ASW ban.

Ignorance and apathy are our two biggest enemies. Gun owners must not be ignorant of the scientific, political and historical facts nor can they be apathetic or lulled into apathetic utopia thinking that sending a couple dollars to an organization is an acceptable alternative to personal involvement and responsibility.

Immediately following the CO incident I had a "discussion" with a well known national Christian commentator who tried to claim that Christians must submit to government oppression as per Romans 13 ... context produces Acts 5 which clearly shows God's law trumps man's law. What's unique about the United States is that our government is independent of "religion" BUT the US government is not independent of its citizens. It doesn't matter if you're a Christian, atheist or somewhere in between, if you're a citizen of the USA you have an assigned duty to yourself, your family and your country to actively participate in government and that doesn't just mean voting. If you're a Christian of any denomination, you are commanded by Romans 13 to submit to government which means you're required not only by the US Constitution but by God Himself to "do your duty" and participate in government "of the PEOPLE, by the PEOPLE and for the PEOPLE". Point being, said Christian commentator was not taking the entire bible in context nor applying biblical context to context of our "representative democracy" governmental structure.

Sorry for going off the tangent here but when I was growing up, I was always told, "Don't talk about religion or politics." Well folks, let me tell y'all a couple of hard facts.
1- If you're not willing to talk about and practice your faith publicly, you don't have faith.
2- If you're not willing to talk about and participate in politics publicly, you don't deserve to live in a "representative democracy".

Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."
Harry S. Truman
mark@fire-iron.biz

Edited by - Wolfgang on Jul 30 2012 09:36:08
Go to Top of Page

ethmoid1999
Advanced Member

USA
3667 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  09:36:51  Show Profile Send ethmoid1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree Mark!
Go to Top of Page

Sensai

USA
68 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  10:20:10  Show Profile Send Sensai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well said !

Gary

Gravity, it's not just a good idea, it's the law.
Go to Top of Page

BISCUT

3501 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  10:41:34  Show Profile Send BISCUT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Onondaga

The "Ban" is not coming back. It is very well established that anybody running for office wanting more restrictions on legal firearm ownership is committing political suicide. The support to enforce existing gun laws and reduce or delete redundant aggressive gun laws that suppress the 2nd Amendment is what is working politically now.

Gary

Just ask Al Gore! Ha! Cost him an election!
Go to Top of Page

BISCUT

3501 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  10:52:41  Show Profile Send BISCUT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mark, Excellent! #1 and #2 should be screamed from the hills!!

More than simply gun control, we as a nation are being crucified for American Exceptionalism. European Union was developed to control our economy. The International Court Bush and Clinton refused to sign onto, and NObama has sent envoy's, will erradicate our Constitution. This court seeks not to prosecute criminals, but our politicians and soldiers. Please, look into what this international treaty would do to the US Constitution.

What's worse, since it's an international treaty the president merely has to send it to Senate for ratification. YUP, bypasses the entire Congress!

Open your eyes and scream to every one of your senator's!
Go to Top of Page

45colt
Advanced Member

1405 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  14:36:29  Show Profile Send 45colt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ethmoid1999

Blue helmets would mean an alien, invading force, I reckon.

United Nations troops wear blue helmets and drive white vehicles with blue UN letters on the side.

"I'd rather die for something, then live for nothing."

Go to Top of Page

45colt
Advanced Member

1405 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  14:38:40  Show Profile Send 45colt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BISCUT

Mark, Excellent! #1 and #2 should be screamed from the hills!!

More than simply gun control, we as a nation are being crucified for American Exceptionalism. European Union was developed to control our economy. The International Court Bush and Clinton refused to sign onto, and NObama has sent envoy's, will erradicate our Constitution. This court seeks not to prosecute criminals, but our politicians and soldiers. Please, look into what this international treaty would do to the US Constitution.

What's worse, since it's an international treaty the president merely has to send it to Senate for ratification. YUP, bypasses the entire Congress!

Open your eyes and scream to every one of your senator's!

I doubt your senators are interested in your 2nd admendment rights biscut. They are rate F every year by the NRA and I have yet to see Chucky or Kristy stand up for anything in regards to guns.

"I'd rather die for something, then live for nothing."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06