Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Reloading General
 General forum
 Hunting in Northern Cal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BulletChucker

USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  00:42:55  Show Profile Send BulletChucker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi hunters,
Does anyone in California are going pursue the DFG to get involve the Lumber Company closing gate for our hunter. I know it's their property but somehow have to manage wildlife population. What can we do hunter to gain access and to access like it use to be? Please comment.

Andy Jaeger

57 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  09:59:23  Show Profile Send Andy Jaeger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Getting a comment from a guy who hunts in Arkansas isn't going to do much for you. Find out why the closed the gate. Where did the pressure come from, political, private, bunny huggers, etc. Then go after them in a sane, rational way with an emphasis on game management and responsible hunting. Also the almighty $$$. Many of the lumber companies here lease land to hunters.
Go to Top of Page

BulletChucker

USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  01:44:02  Show Profile Send BulletChucker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Andy, i try the fish and game department but did nothing. They will look into it, also I seen a couple of discussion somewhere talking about guys parking car near the gate and getting flat tires and damaging vehicle. Here in California seem like they don't really support hunting much and gun right as other states. Any the states are like California maybe worst.
Go to Top of Page

ten2six
Advanced Member

USA
3569 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  19:44:08  Show Profile Send ten2six a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BulletChucker,

We have the same problem here in Western WA. I've used forest land/roads for 30+ years, but we've had gates put up all over during the past 5 - 10 years. A few weeks ago we went to shoot some rifles and passed a gate that was open. Three hours later the gate was closed and locked. Fortunately we had cell coverage and got through to the Sheriff's office. We only had to wait an hour before someone came to unlock it. I'm pretty sure the guy who locked it knew we were there.... The gate had 6 locks and had 5 foot deep pits dug on either side.

The timber company who holds the current lease where we went shooting is from FL and they have a skeleton crew here in WA. I think the economy (people poaching wood) and dumping of trash has brought it on here. We always leave the area cleaner than we found it, but all it takes are a few bad apples to ruin it for the rest of us. I've seen old cars, appliances and piles of trash just dumped....hard to think the hunters are doing this, so I'm not sure what to say.

We have quite a bit of State forest that hasn't closed (gates) yet, so we'll just need to watch where we drive.

ten

"Chances are, when we meet intelligent life forms in outer space, they're going to be descended from predators."
- Michio Kaku

Edited by - ten2six on Jul 19 2012 19:45:53
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06