Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Reloading General
 General forum
 new ccw holder
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

romex2121

USA
371 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  09:27:07  Show Profile Send romex2121 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well gents welcome your newest conceled carry permit holder finished the last day of class yesterday and scored a 100% on my shooting scores ( 40cal ) as you can tell im pretty darn excited in all reality did i need the permit ? probly not,, NM is an open carry state and you can concele you weapon in your vehecle or home ( loaded or not ) but i did want the permit and as a bonus the instructors let me pick up the spent brass for my reloading 9mm,40cal, and 45 cal there is some 45 lc in there to,,,,, what really surprises me is the number of people that were in the class that couldnt hit the broad side of a barn but were given a passing grade anyway some of these people didnt even know how to load there own firearm much less unload it in a safe manner,,, im sure some of you that have been thru the class know what im talking about anyway im glad i went thru the class anyway and i recomend if your thinking of doing it its well worth it,,,,,,,

speaking out aginst political wrong doing is not only your right,, its also your duty !!!

ethmoid1999
Advanced Member

USA
3568 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  10:25:41  Show Profile Send ethmoid1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An instrutor friend tells me many never practice and many never are familiar with their firearm. Also, he told me many would buy the cheapest junk handgun they would find.
Go to Top of Page

sonnyboy

USA
353 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  10:53:28  Show Profile Send sonnyboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on receiving your permit romex2121. I received mine back in 1975 with no hassle. You see, my Dad & the Sheriff were childhood friends. I went to the Sheriff’s office and the lady at front desk was also a family friend. I told Ms. Betty what I wanted & the Sheriff who was standing with his back behind the counter turned around and said “boy who is your daddy?” When I, most respectfully, told him he told Miss Betty “give that boy a permit.” I have held one ever since that day in 1975.

Happy Shooting
sonnyboy
Go to Top of Page

DocHolladay
Advanced Member

USA
1241 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  23:25:37  Show Profile Send DocHolladay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The best part about a concealed carry permit is RECIPROCITY.

98% of us will die at some point in our lives.- Ricky Bobby, Talledega Nights
Go to Top of Page

Hockeynick39
Advanced Member

USA
3476 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  11:52:05  Show Profile  Send Hockeynick39 an AOL message Send Hockeynick39 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DocHolladay

The best part about a concealed carry permit is RECIPROCITY.

Congratulations Romex!

I would definitely agree with this statement unless it was New Yorkistan. They don't reciprocate with anyone (bunch of liberal botards), although Iowa and I believe North Carolina recognize NYS pistol permits. I also asked the county clerk (this is where we in NY have to go to get our permits updated, unless you live in Weschester, the 5 borroughs, or a few counties on LI- then you have to see the local sheriff) what would happen if i moved out of state and required a non-resident permit. "Oh no!" "NYS doesn't do that, you need to forfeit your permit as soon as your change residency." Then if I moved back, I would have to pay another $10-$15 for paper work and another $130 for the photos, finger prints, and filing fees as well as waiting another 3-6 months until I get called in by a State Police Investigator for a background investigation interview. Then it is another 3-6 month wait until the county judge signs off yes or no. Bunch of garbage! Their reasoning for not reciprocating another state's permit is because they can not tax it and they can not verify a background security check per individual- BS! Nevada is about the only State that I know of that requires a person to go through a class and course of fire to prove that they can operate a handgun in order to be considered for a CCW. I really like that idea, makes perfect sense. All NYS does is makes sure that you don't have any terrorist affiliations or felonies in your past, doesn't mean that the person can shoot a handgun effectively at all. Sorry for the rant, NYS is retarded beyond belief sometimes. Check out HR 822, it has passed the House and is moving to the Senate. Might be law by the time we have a new President. It's a good thing for handgun owners and carriers.

Check out this link too:
www.handgunlaws.us

Edited by - Hockeynick39 on Jun 12 2012 11:53:40
Go to Top of Page

Paul B
Advanced Member

3210 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  16:53:40  Show Profile Send Paul B a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Romex!

Here is a map that shows recciprocity with your CCW permit. It does get updated regularly so it doesn't hurt to bookmark it. I found that my Arizona CCW is honored by 31 states.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html/#concealed-carry-reciprocity

The instructions are pretty simple.

Hockeynick. Nevada isn't the only state that requires one take a class and prove they can shoot, Arizona used to have a written test as well with a class taking two days. Now it's just an 8 hour class where at least one hour is on the range. Frankly, I liked the 16 hour class a lot better. I got 100 on the written and all 10 shots in the kill zone. Second time I took it all then shots in the kill zone. You shot 5 rounds at 5 yards and 5 rounds at 10 yards. My wife took it with me this last time and she got 9 shots in the kill circle and one just outside. Not bad as she'd never even shot a snub nosed revolver until a week before the class. I'm proud of her, but then, look who her teacher was.
I knw nevada makes you list the guns you plane to carry concealed. IIRC, they allow three. My hunting buddy up in Northrn nevada has an 8 3/8" S&W .44 mag. as one of his hideout guns. He carries it as a back up when he's hunting deer or elk and this ay it's out of the way by being covered by his outerware.
My kids are scattered all over hell and gone, one in Wyoming, another in Utah, another in New Mexico and one in Texas. The good news is I cxan carry in all those states and then some. Check the map and see where you can go.
Paul B.
Go to Top of Page

Hockeynick39
Advanced Member

USA
3476 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  21:13:05  Show Profile  Send Hockeynick39 an AOL message Send Hockeynick39 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I figured there were a few more, just don't know which ones yet.
Go to Top of Page

romex2121

USA
371 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  10:03:25  Show Profile Send romex2121 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NM. you have to do 15hrs of training ,,first day is all book stuff some films and finger printing,, the second day was paper work then some shooting ,,we shot 15 rounds at 3yrds and ten rounds at 7yrds,, again i found it really hard to watch when some would miss at three yrds and it was a big target they were given to shoot at ,,i do practice and i do feel that if the time comes ill be ready,,,,, the cost for the class here was $150.00 for the instructors then another $100.00 for the FBI background check so overall it was $250.00 and the cost of a passport photo ... lol...

speaking out aginst political wrong doing is not only your right,, its also your duty !!!
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
4758 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  19:39:45  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gosh it takes 120 days after the class and the application is submitted in NV to get your permit.
Go to Top of Page

DocHolladay
Advanced Member

USA
1241 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  01:31:49  Show Profile Send DocHolladay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hockeynick39

what would happen if i moved out of state...... Then if I moved back,

Why would you move back????

Tennessee requires an 8hr course, 4hrs classroom, 4hrs range time. You fire 50rds, 48 shots have to be in the 9 ring to qualify. Classes range from $50-120 for the "basic" course. Then you have to visit the DMV and get finger printed and fill out some paperwork for your background check($125). After that, you wait for 3 months or until you are approved, whichever comes first. Usually the approval comes first within 2-3 weeks, in most cases. Tennessee has some form of reciprocity with 37 states. Renewing your permit cost $50 and has to be done every 5 years.

98% of us will die at some point in our lives.- Ricky Bobby, Talledega Nights

Edited by - DocHolladay on Jun 14 2012 01:37:05
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06