Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Reloading General
 General forum
 hello
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ds28

USA
3276 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  16:47:18  Show Profile Send Ds28 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everybody

I haven't been hanging around much due to every time I got on here and read all the posts about shooting and loading I would get kinda depressed

I am about to start working my way back into shooting and I hope it goes well, doctor warned me about tearing the anchors loose in my shoulder so I am going to start light and work my way up. I got some load work up to do but I have a lead sled for that so that will help

I just wanted to check in and see how everybody else was doing, and see what your plans were for the summer time that is coming quick down here in Texas

P.S. I hate mowing

DS28

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!

Ds28

USA
3276 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  16:48:48  Show Profile Send Ds28 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
not sure what the "start" thing is in my original post....Im not sure I would click on that

damn I hope I dont have a virus

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Go to Top of Page

mhiltz
Advanced Member

USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  17:17:25  Show Profile Send mhiltz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad to see you're back on here Ds28. Hope all goes well with the shooting. Don't tear yourself up partner.

I have 4 months or so until elk and deer season so I will just be making ammo, and scouting. Oh ya, and working too.

P.S. How's the Dodge?

"It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it" Captain Call Texas Ranger

Go to Top of Page

ethmoid1999
Advanced Member

USA
3569 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  17:35:45  Show Profile Send ethmoid1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hope the shoulder heals and is completely restored. Saw an old 40 XB heavy varmint rifle in 222 on gunbroker a while back. I would figure something like that should be deductible as medical therapy....:)
Go to Top of Page

Bobo7mmmag
Advanced Member

2496 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  18:29:13  Show Profile Send Bobo7mmmag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I shoot better left handed. You should try it.
Go to Top of Page

Ds28

USA
3276 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  20:01:13  Show Profile Send Ds28 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mhiltz....most everything is going good with the Dodge...very frustrated with the transmission right now because I am going to have to redo it because I keep breaking my 2nd gear band. I made 3 passes on the dyno and the second pass with the programmer or level 4 put down 511hp and 1012 torque to rear wheels and the third pass I went to level 6 the dyno broke and I did not get a reading, they said I can come back for a free dyno run when they got it fixed but I have not had time to get back up there

ethmoid... I like the way you think but unfortunately with all the time off from surgery it will be a while before I can get more toys

bobo....I tried it and I did ok but it just was not the same and I had a hard time trying to keep my right eye shut, maybe get a pirate patch and try it again and keep practicing if the right handed shooting does not work soon

Go to Top of Page

Tpeveto

USA
31 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  20:50:27  Show Profile Send Tpeveto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DS28, I don't see what you are talking about with the "start" thing. Was it a double underlined word?
Go to Top of Page

MIKESBARRO
Advanced Member

USA
2789 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  21:23:55  Show Profile Send MIKESBARRO a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dammon,

Does this mean you won't be shooting Stan's Barret any time soon???
Go to Top of Page

Ds28

USA
3276 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  21:28:43  Show Profile Send Ds28 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As long as it has the muzzle break on it I would try. I did go down to his house and do some shooting with him before he moved to Washington. I really liked the sig in 357 sig cal and I'm not a pistol person

Go to Top of Page

BISCUT

3481 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  07:48:36  Show Profile Send BISCUT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There were a few rifles I wanted back in the day that only came with the bolt on the wrong side (right side that is). Tried as best I could to shoot righty, just wasn't happening!

I'm with you on that one Tex!
Go to Top of Page

sonnyboy

USA
353 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  11:10:45  Show Profile Send sonnyboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can sympathize with you Ds28! A year ago on June 8 I had shoulder replacement surgery. 2 months ago I shot my M70 Featherweight .30-06 for the first time since the surgery. It was 56gr of RL17 behind a 168gr SMK. This rifle only has a hard red rubber pad on it and needles to say it hurt like he**. I would have cried openly if there had not been other shooters on the line. Two of the other shooters knew that I am ex-Special Forces, you know, Superman. So I couldn’t let the image suffer, lol.
BTW, that one shot centered the bull at 100yds.

Happy Shooting
sonnyboy

Go to Top of Page

txstevel

USA
48 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  11:19:28  Show Profile Send txstevel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Ds28 sorry to hear about your shoulder. Not being able to shoot your guns is worse than not being allowed to have any dessert! Hope your back to full operation soon but don't push it. A friend of mine got around too quick after his hip replacement and got to get it done again. Ouch! I'm feeling what you mean about summer in Texas too.
Go to Top of Page

SWABBY56
Advanced Member

USA
689 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  20:21:40  Show Profile Send SWABBY56 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Being left handed and having my left shoulder reconstructed two times, I had my surgeon tell me the second time. If you like to shoot, go to a smaller caliber rifle and try it. So to the 223 I went and boy did that go well. All this was done after all the therapy. I even used the 223 for deer that year(2 1/2 years ago). All I know is that a 223 with the right bullet and shot placement will put a white tail down in its tracks. I would only shoot at one standing. That way the shot can be well placed. Good Luck and get well soon.
Go to Top of Page

eric2381
Advanced Member

Canada
2009 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  06:54:24  Show Profile Send eric2381 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is some serious horsepower your truck is putting down! No doubt you're cooking trannys with torque like that.

Don't rush it with the shoulder. Let it heal well. Don't want to be doing this over again. Shoot small rifles for awhile, and practice up with a rimfire.

Did you ever go on that bear hunt?

I've never saw a hearse with a luggage rack....
Go to Top of Page

Ds28

USA
3276 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  02:28:03  Show Profile Send Ds28 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
my goal with this truck is 800hp and 1400 torque to the rear wheels....injectors and and compound turbos with a few other small touches and I will be there....The guy im looking at building my transmission builds them to handle 1000Hp with no problems....but its not cheap

I never got to go on the bear hunt...pretty much just wasted my money. I do have a black bear on my bucket list along with several other critters.....just a matter of time and money

Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
4758 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  19:42:55  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dammon, How you doing? I'm sure a .223 will kill those pigs. Leave that 300RUM alone.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06