Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Hunting
 Big game hunting
 Ready and waiting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

paparuger

USA
236 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  11:06:10  Show Profile Send paparuger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is everyone as anxious for some seasons to open as I am? I've seven permits in my pocket and they are burning a hole. As soon as this old leg gets a little more limber I'm heading out on the wide opens and start looking. Elk opens a month from today and goats on th 20th of Aug. Going to miss opening day for goats as still being married we're going to colo. to visit kids and eat alot of peaches!

wilbar

Canada
470 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  14:36:40  Show Profile Send wilbar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations! Did you get any of your permits for Colorado? I know there's hunting there, maybe you can drop your wife with the kids while you hunt.

We just got our lottery permits in the mail for our doe hunt. This is my dad's first lottery permit so he's really excited. I've had 100% success in the area for 5 years running and we used to live there so its kinda like going home. As a bonus that's 2 deer tags that are about as close to a sure thing as you can get and I have 2 kids who are ready to get their first deer.

Good hunting,

Willy

Lord help me to pass up the shots I should not take, to make the shots I should, and give me the wisdom to know the difference.
Go to Top of Page

paparuger

USA
236 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  16:46:58  Show Profile Send paparuger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
no aal permits are here in wyoming. They got a little pricie in colo. for non-resident.
Go to Top of Page

Bobo7mmmag
Advanced Member

2596 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  23:09:32  Show Profile Send Bobo7mmmag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Load development time here.
Go to Top of Page

paparuger

USA
236 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  10:40:42  Show Profile Send paparuger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just waiting to heal up alittle more and hit the opens and do some looking. Got to hit the range and bust some caps. Hoping for it to cool off a little! For some reason time sure slows down when your pocket has permits in it!
Go to Top of Page

paparuger

USA
236 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  17:21:11  Show Profile Send paparuger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well with the secondary draw for left over doe/fawn antelopes yesterday the clan and several friends they can get ten more speed goats! They best not think Gramps is processing them! I've got several of my own. Less than a month till first opener! This is more stresful than waiting for my first kiss!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Hockeynick39
Advanced Member

USA
3780 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  18:47:07  Show Profile  Send Hockeynick39 an AOL message Send Hockeynick39 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just picked up my lifetime muzzle loader license $235, but atleast I don't have to worry about yearly fees or increases anymore. Also picked up 2 doe management permits for 8J in NY as well, those are free for me every year because I purchased a lifetime sportsman's license 2 years ago before the prices and laws changed. Been slinging 10 arrows a day at different distances to stay fresh, season starts September 27 here and get to use up whatever tags didn't get filled last year until October 1st. Also doing load work up for the muzzle loader and that starts the second week of October with late season downstate the week before Christmas. Rifles and shotguns are all set and just waiting.
Go to Top of Page

Coyote50

USA
385 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  09:11:04  Show Profile Send Coyote50 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm looking forward to waterfowl season this year. Got some new spots i'm hoping are real productive. Also an extended season here in MN. Deer season is kinda scary here. I pretty much can only hunt public land and there are so many hunters i never even go out opening weekend anymore. Still like to fill the freezer though.

A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on its user-Theodore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

paparuger

USA
236 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  19:01:37  Show Profile Send paparuger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well first goat season has been completed with a nice buck at 234 yds. Can't say one shot one kill as he didn't cooperate and stepped forward as I pulled the trigger. He ended up with and extremely bad case of indigestion or should I say with breakfast on the ground. Excitement took over and blew second shot. Third went in and out both shoulders and took the heart out on the way. The first time I ever had to track and goat as he picked the tallest sage brush in the unit to go into and pile up in to a large bush. Nice blood trail only took a short. 110 gr TSX Barnes woked very well from .308 Encore handgun.20 yds from road made it a bit easier on two old timers! Buddie took a nice buck with Omega.50 cal at 206 yds. Run about 25 yds and dropped. With the handicap permits it allows us to drive and retrive the game off the roads. Now to wait till 15th of sept for rest of goat seasons to open!
Go to Top of Page

Hockeynick39
Advanced Member

USA
3780 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  21:27:09  Show Profile  Send Hockeynick39 an AOL message Send Hockeynick39 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good job! Still about a month away from early bow here and can't wait. The only thing that needs to happen now is for the animals to cooperate.
Go to Top of Page

paparuger

USA
236 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  18:17:08  Show Profile Send paparuger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another season opens tommorow! Not going as I'm getting things ready as the boss ssays for the kids to come up! Oldest granddaughters first hunt ever and every one is eexcited. I've got till the end of Oct to fill my two doe/fawn. Got to get or try to get five of them this weekend!
Go to Top of Page

paparuger

USA
236 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  22:17:01  Show Profile Send paparuger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The grandaughter made everyone proud with a 228 yd. one shot kill.Dad, Grandpa, and Uncle tim were sorta wet eyed for a short. She was a real trooper and when Uncle had to use several shots to finish his she let him have it. Lets take more young ones hunting and show them why we are so happy when opening day comes and comes!
Go to Top of Page

paparuger

USA
236 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  16:17:04  Show Profile Send paparuger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is everyone out hunting or what? WE harvested four more goats this weekend and five last. Just a couple more to go. Been really nasty hot and dry. 92 saturday PM. Thank God for big coolers and buckets of ice. Now to wait for deer season the 15th, 3 permits there to fill! Mama had to much time to think while laid up with kidney stone and a couple days in the hospital, " Ain't you got enough Yet?" Hell no! Just getting going!
Go to Top of Page

whitefish
Advanced Member

Canada
574 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  09:50:48  Show Profile Send whitefish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paparuger

Is everyone out hunting or what? WE harvested four more goats this weekend and five last. Just a couple more to go. Been really nasty hot and dry. 92 saturday PM. Thank God for big coolers and buckets of ice. Now to wait for deer season the 15th, 3 permits there to fill! Mama had to much time to think while laid up with kidney stone and a couple days in the hospital, " Ain't you got enough Yet?" Hell no! Just getting going!

Yup - out chasing elk this week (and last). The season should have ended last Wednesday. Keep trying.

"Keep your stick on the ice". Red Green

Edited by - whitefish on Oct 10 2011 09:53:38
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
5479 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  18:38:41  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just got back from my NV deer hunt with my son. He had to get back to work but scored a small spike. I got skunked. I only saw or heard of 3 other deer taken, but I'm sure there were more shot yesterday when we drove home as the weather was alot better. The weather was a b----, and only saw a dozen or so doe. Too far to drive back to Eastern NV for the remainder of the hunt. Still had a great time as I taught my son to play cribbage and he beat the pants off me.
Go to Top of Page

paparuger

USA
236 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  14:55:52  Show Profile Send paparuger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Made 16# of Itialian sausage yesterday and 20# of choizo this morning. Mama and I are going to go see if the elk are in the hayfields in the morning. Deer season starts on saturday.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06