Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Share your hunt with us
 2010 Antelope c/w FRIEND
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jim CP

43 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  21:57:54  Show Profile Send Jim CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm home and Kelly is still driving.

We both got our animals which is a real plus. We had some real negative stuff happen, both accommodations and the over lapping of trophy and doe seasons. All and all we both had a great time. Neither one of us grated on the other ones nerves; to much. LOL Of course we both had expectations of B&C animals but even the 5 year old bucks coming in were only 14". I would have thought at 5 years 2 more inches would be norm with the nice weather.

I haven't been posting on here for awhile. I even had to re-register but I'm sure the guys that have been on here for awhile know me from before.

LOL LOL just reading over this post and noticed the fact that I never mentioned the species of the dead animals. Antelope. The funnyist thing we notice was the deer both white-tail and muleys were soooo skittish. Two miles away and the does were high balling. We're thinking maybe they get hunted more than the regulations allow. LOL

I just wanted to thank Kelly "publicly" for a great time and hunt. These are memories we carry to our graves and this is one I will certainly look back on as a real jewel. Now Kelly will never admit it but I think he had a lot of fun also. LOL

I can't tell you the funnier times because it may get Kelly laughing, and that would be just cruel. A fence post in the ribs makes that "effort" a little painful but a little fun all the same, for me. LOL

Thank you Kelly for coming out. Rope that chocolate down for me.

I hear that some one else is interested in coming out. C. Works for me but you have to give me at least a week. What I'll do to try and set you up with a good buck is a lot of effort on my part and to have some one leave after two days is just wrong. There is a lot of time and money(lost wages) spent on scouting. I love to do this **** but to have a person fall short of their commitment.... as the wife says, could get you killed. LOL Bears are pussies compared to pissed off Jim.

Anonymity is great

3130 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2010 :  11:25:19  Show Profile Send curly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jim; Where are the pics....??

Kelly probably drove non-stop across Saskatchewan....hee hee..

Ya, I'm in for mulies in 2013 or 2014....1 week it is....

Go to Top of Page

390 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2010 :  16:39:33  Show Profile Send NTM a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I heard that it was quite a zoo in some zones down there opening morning-how did you and Kelly find it? If it was as bad as what I am hearing I can just here Kelly now-lol

Hunting isn't a matter of life and's more important than that.
Go to Top of Page

Advanced Member

2807 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2010 :  18:40:29  Show Profile Send skyline a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I think we had a lot of fun for a couple of crippled up, cranky old bast**ds. I looked in the mirror last night, something I try to avoid, and there is indeed a lovely purple bruise on the left side of my chest that kinda looks like the top end of a fence post. Imagine that. LOL

While we didn't get anything but average size antelope, we did see a lot of country and got to solve most of the world problems a couple of times. I guess if we actually want to crack that 16 inch mark we will just have to dig deep and cough up for a couple of landowner tags in New Mexico one of these days.

Tomorrow night I am cooking antelope back strap for my bride on the BBQ and looking forward to it.

Weather is going to change this weekend so I expect that chocolate will be heading for the den in the not too distant future. He will still be here in the spring.

When we do the muley hunt I am leaning towards camping in that old home site by the coulee, I am sure the old fella will give us permission. I think I am done with hotels for a while.

Let no good deed go unpunished.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2015 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06