Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Hunting
 Share your hunt with us
 2010 Antelope c/w FRIEND
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jim CP

43 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  21:57:54  Show Profile Send Jim CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm home and Kelly is still driving.

We both got our animals which is a real plus. We had some real negative stuff happen, both accommodations and the over lapping of trophy and doe seasons. All and all we both had a great time. Neither one of us grated on the other ones nerves; to much. LOL Of course we both had expectations of B&C animals but even the 5 year old bucks coming in were only 14". I would have thought at 5 years 2 more inches would be norm with the nice weather.

I haven't been posting on here for awhile. I even had to re-register but I'm sure the guys that have been on here for awhile know me from before.

LOL LOL just reading over this post and noticed the fact that I never mentioned the species of the dead animals. Antelope. The funnyist thing we notice was the deer both white-tail and muleys were soooo skittish. Two miles away and the does were high balling. We're thinking maybe they get hunted more than the regulations allow. LOL

I just wanted to thank Kelly "publicly" for a great time and hunt. These are memories we carry to our graves and this is one I will certainly look back on as a real jewel. Now Kelly will never admit it but I think he had a lot of fun also. LOL

I can't tell you the funnier times because it may get Kelly laughing, and that would be just cruel. A fence post in the ribs makes that "effort" a little painful but a little fun all the same, for me. LOL

Thank you Kelly for coming out. Rope that chocolate down for me.

I hear that some one else is interested in coming out. C. Works for me but you have to give me at least a week. What I'll do to try and set you up with a good buck is a lot of effort on my part and to have some one leave after two days is just wrong. There is a lot of time and money(lost wages) spent on scouting. I love to do this **** but to have a person fall short of their commitment.... as the wife says, could get you killed. LOL Bears are pussies compared to pissed off Jim.

Jim

Anonymity is great

curly

Canada
3014 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2010 :  11:25:19  Show Profile Send curly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jim; Where are the pics....??

Kelly probably drove non-stop across Saskatchewan....hee hee..

Ya, I'm in for mulies in 2013 or 2014....1 week it is....

Curly

Go to Top of Page

NTM

Canada
389 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2010 :  16:39:33  Show Profile Send NTM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jim

I heard that it was quite a zoo in some zones down there opening morning-how did you and Kelly find it? If it was as bad as what I am hearing I can just here Kelly now-lol

Hunting isn't a matter of life and death.....it's more important than that.
Go to Top of Page

skyline
Advanced Member

Canada
2807 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2010 :  18:40:29  Show Profile Send skyline a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jim

I think we had a lot of fun for a couple of crippled up, cranky old bast**ds. I looked in the mirror last night, something I try to avoid, and there is indeed a lovely purple bruise on the left side of my chest that kinda looks like the top end of a fence post. Imagine that. LOL

While we didn't get anything but average size antelope, we did see a lot of country and got to solve most of the world problems a couple of times. I guess if we actually want to crack that 16 inch mark we will just have to dig deep and cough up for a couple of landowner tags in New Mexico one of these days.

Tomorrow night I am cooking antelope back strap for my bride on the BBQ and looking forward to it.

Weather is going to change this weekend so I expect that chocolate will be heading for the den in the not too distant future. He will still be here in the spring.

When we do the muley hunt I am leaning towards camping in that old home site by the coulee, I am sure the old fella will give us permission. I think I am done with hotels for a while.

Let no good deed go unpunished.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06