THANKING OUR MEMBERS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

BISCUT

3516 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  16:16:22  Show Profile Send BISCUT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As some of us are already aware our member FISHSTAN has been deployed to the sand box for the 4th time. I just received word from him that he has completed reintegration training and is now stationed in Tajic, Iraq.

I would like to know how many of you are willing to help put together a care package for Stan. I will find out what he needs and get back. This is especially important because Stan is on his 4th deployment. The chances of serious injury/death on the 3rd and subsequent deployment(s) increase to staggering numbers. As I have heard it it's over 60% chance.

Bottom line, while I'm trying to keep the KOOOL cerakote green of my 6.8 AR barrel from getting dirty becuase it might mess up group size, Stan needs his to be clean to save his life and protect our freedom.

Edited by - Ds28 on May 25 2009 17:30:26

eric2381
Advanced Member

Canada
2174 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  16:35:07  Show Profile Send eric2381 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be in for anything I can. When do you plan on sending this stuff? It would take a bit for anything to get to you from me.

I've never saw a hearse with a luggage rack....
Go to Top of Page

Ds28

USA
3287 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  17:18:30  Show Profile Send Ds28 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im in, let us know what he needs

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Go to Top of Page

bob270
Advanced Member

Canada
651 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  17:53:55  Show Profile Send bob270 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm in with what ever i can.Should be free postage to get it to him once you recieve it all!.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

buckwoods
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  18:48:07  Show Profile Send buckwoods a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Post details on items needed and how to get them where they need to go. Will do what is necessary to help. Thanks for the notice, and getting this going.
Go to Top of Page

ethmoid1999
Advanced Member

USA
4398 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  19:43:04  Show Profile Send ethmoid1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Count me in. I will do whatever I can. I can donate a little money to Stan's family or send him care packages. God Help Us All! We need to always appreciate the sacrifices they make. It is hard on the soldiers and the families need help, too. Let me know what his family needs or what he needs. God Bless them all! It is good of you, Biscut, to take the iniative.
Go to Top of Page

Edcnh

USA
287 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  20:13:00  Show Profile Send Edcnh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad to help out. Let us know what he needs or as ethmoid replied, I also would be glad to donate cash to help out his family.

EDC
Go to Top of Page

BISCUT

3516 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  20:44:12  Show Profile Send BISCUT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The first step was getting response. Later 2-nite I will send Stan an E-mail letting him know his fellow nesters want to help. I've only had one good friend in the sand box before. Usually it's a soap they really like, a certain razor, shampoo, etc... Personal items they can't get there that make them feel like they are back home for a second.

I've already asked for pics so when I get i'll post. Thanks to all for the solid support. He's doing it so we don't have 2.
Go to Top of Page

west
Average Member

135 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  21:09:43  Show Profile Send west a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Give us details when you get them. Always glad to help

"blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnell being fat"
Go to Top of Page

shotgun-ron
Average Member

USA
156 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  22:07:39  Show Profile Send shotgun-ron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Count me In.
Go to Top of Page

woodsoup

USA
245 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  22:29:09  Show Profile Send woodsoup a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahhhh Heck, what's another care package to the sand box? This will make my third soldier. A coworker a neighbors son and my nephew. Please send me his mailing address ans I'll fill up a box for him.

Best things are baby wipes. Yes Baby wipes, that sand gets everywhere, powdered drink mixes, snack items, crackers don't make it most times but the crumbs are appreciated. M&Ms most other choclates melt and don't re construct themselves very good. Any kind of manly reading materials and the hometown newspaper especially the sunday edition complete with the sale sheets. Itunes gift cards. Most FOB's have some internet access. throw in a bottle of hot sauce occasionally to breakup the MRE's cardboard taste. Gun cleaning stuff especially patches and brushes. They get plenty of cleaners and lubes.

To make room in any parcels, remove the items from their factory bos, put it in a HD ziplock bag and squeeze the air out bwfore you close it. I used to send the wife toilet paper in vacuum sealed bags when she was at Balad, 6 rolls in the space of 1.

The nephew was stationed in Tajic on his last trip. Then it was a training base for the Iraqis. don't know what it is now though. This tour he's about 56 klicks SW of Bagdhad at FOB Cooper whereverinhell that is.

It just doesn't matter... it's all just stuff.

Dang it's great to be an old man!!!
Go to Top of Page

pphreed

316 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  22:35:22  Show Profile Send pphreed a Private Message  Reply with Quote
care packages are a great Idea My Dad used to send me cheese because he knew I loved it The oil had all cooked out of it and was in the pacage but all the guys loved it because we couldn't get in nam count me in for whatever Fred
Go to Top of Page

Lee C.

Armenia
400 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  04:00:59  Show Profile Send Lee C. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
count me in Biscut

Lee
Go to Top of Page

determined451
Advanced Member

988 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  07:54:12  Show Profile  Click to see determined451's MSN Messenger address  Send determined451 a Yahoo! Message Send determined451 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm in...Sean, it might be easier if we took up a collection and let one person (you , of course) buy what he needs, and send it to him...either way, I'm on any project for our guys..D-451

The Second Amendment.. America's Original Homeland Security
Go to Top of Page

HGHunter
Advanced Member

USA
873 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  08:13:07  Show Profile Send HGHunter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm in, just say the word.

"I am not here to judge you, only God can judge you, I am here merely to arrange the meeting."

"A 9mm HP may expand upon impact, a .40 cal. HP may expand upon impact, but a .45 will never shrink"
Go to Top of Page

fishstan2
Advanced Member

USA
2372 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  09:25:29  Show Profile Send fishstan2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everybody, and a very, very warm felt "THANK YOU". I will tell you what we need, alot of love from you guys and alot of prayers. No money is needed. If you guys want to send stuff then I will take it for my Soldiers (somebody said baby wipes and kool-aid stuff is great). I am very glad to have you folks as my extended family and very proud to be part of this fantastic site. If ever there is something I can do for all of you let me know. I am working on getting an address and as soon as I have one will let you guys know. Biscut you are the man and to you my friend I have your back anytime any place. Thanks once again to all of you. Stan

WILLIAMS, STANLEY W.
CSM (RET) Harker Heights Tx.
"I SAY SHOOTEM FROM LONG RANGE"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06