Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Reloading General
 General forum
 best 300 rum hunting load

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gradycoshooter Posted - May 16 2012 : 14:14:09
I am trying to gather info on a 300 rum load. I have this weapon on order and am going to reload for it. It is a rem 700 sps with a 26" standard contour tube. I have read that 200gr. accubonds sitting on retumbo are performing very well. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gradycoshooter Posted - May 18 2012 : 11:29:42
I am mainly setting this gun up for elk and bigger game! But with that being said I want something for the windy days here in OK to help buck the wind on whitetails! I appreciate all the advice. If I have any more questions I feel like this is the place to get help! Does anyone have any experiance with the knoxx stocks. If so what is your opinion?
newguy220 Posted - May 18 2012 : 00:51:32
Make sure that your stock fits properly with that SPS, I had trouble with mine and had to get the thing bedded before I would quit getting a flyer. 200gr AccuBond's in the RUM are hard to beat and from my experience they don't tear meat to badly when shooting deer sized game.

newguy220
Shastaboat Posted - May 17 2012 : 23:29:01
The best 300 RUM load is the one someone else is shoooting!!!!Damn thats a big case....
mtmuley Posted - May 17 2012 : 20:28:34
The 200 grain Accubond and Retumbo will work well. If Retumbo does not give good results, RL-25 will. I've used the .300 RUM for most of my hunting for 12 years now, and I can assure you the Accubond works very, very well. mtmuley
jdmorris Posted - May 17 2012 : 11:34:08
Well it depends on where you are hunting and what you are hunting. The best load is the load that is the most accurate for your rifle. Bigger game need heavier bonded bullets, especially at Ultra mag. velocities and it prob. wouldn't hurt if you are hunting deer sized game at long range to stick with the premiums so you don't blow them up on impact. You might load to shoot at 300 + yards, but get your shot at 25. That is what hunting is all about. I have heard good things about the accubonds and interbonds in the ultra mag. Christensen arms uses the interbond 180 grain in your cartridge to shoot everything and if hit properly nothing needs another round. JMHO. good luck.

Jim
SWABBY56 Posted - May 16 2012 : 18:40:09
I have loaded 96 grains of H1000 and the federal 215M primer behind the Nosler 165 and 180 ballistic tip bullets with good results.

Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06