Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Other
 Gun politics
 Constitutional Carry

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
meborder Posted - Mar 01 2012 : 12:02:36
South Dakota state government just passed a Constitutional Carry law through both houses of government, and the bill sits on the Governorís desk awaiting his signature or Veto.

They kinda snuck this one in and it was not publicized much.

we have been a "shall issue" state for many years now, so it is likely that those who wish to carry already have a permit, but the new law, if signed by the Governor, will allow anyone with a valid Driver's lisence to leagly conceal a pistol without a permit, given that they are leagaly allowed the privlege to own a firearm.

this could either be a major victory, or a huge discrace, depending on which side of the fence you are on.

Another bill they passed is to define a Black Powder pistol or rifle as a "firearm" as it applies to those who's firearm privleges have been revoked (felony convictions, ect). Before this, leagly speaking, any convicted felon could own a Black Powder pistol as it was not devined as a "firearm". As i read the bill, the change only applies to those who's rights have been revoked.

interesting times here in SD.

just thought i'd share, any discussion would be welcome, of course.

mike
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TxTickPkr Posted - Aug 02 2012 : 01:57:02
Great thoughts you have on this guys. We are "Endowed by our creator with inalieanable rights" Government did not give these rights and at best, a just government can only acknowlege them. Our legislators need to be reminded often that they work for us, their only power is derived from us. Speaking of fellons, look at the records of our elected legislators. When government does not abide by the law we have TYRANY. As for the enforcement division, calling it your job shure doesn't make it right. I have more respect for a man who in desperate circumstances stands in front of me to make it him or me than some legislator useing the law to steal from me without ever faceing me man to man. Truth be known, I can't think of many of them I would trust to mow my yard.

Those that relenquish liberty for security deserve and shall have neither.
Paul B Posted - Jun 24 2012 : 01:59:50
quote:
Originally posted by CourageousLion

The "privilege" to own a firearm? These are NOT privileges. Privileges are granted RIGHTS are yours by birth. A convicted felon HAS the right to keep and bear arms. Just because someone else says he doesn't doesn't make it so. The felon in PRISON may not have a right to bear arms but an EX felon out of prison does. For one purpose. To protect his life from attack. That is as long as he is not VIOLATING the law by robbing, raping an pillaging. Then YOU have the right to shoot him in the head. The problem at hand is that EVERYTHING is being made into a felony these days. Our founding fathers defined a FELONY as a HEINOUS crime. Murder, rape, grand theft, you get the picture. SOMETHING where there was a REAL breathing victim. Not some entity like the "state" where if you don't pay your sales tax on a car that you buy it can be considered a "felony". Who was damaged by that act? And don't say you, because you aren't. Just because you go along with the threat of violence against you and the theft the "state" PEOPLE commit on a day to day basis, doesn't make them right.

I agree. I can't speak for any other state but here in Arizona, once a felon has served his sentence, that is "paid his debt to society", he can appeal to the court that convicted him for restoration of all civil rights. At that point he is allowed to have firearms. Now that Arizona has "Constitutional carry" he can even carry concealed. If his conviction has been expunged, or if his rights have been restored, he can even apply for a CCW and get one. My neighber is a felon and he's gone through the process and now has his permit.
JMHO, but I think most felons just might not return to crime if society gave them a break. "Oh, you're a felon. I'm not going to hire you." Sound familiar. If a felon can't get a job, what's he gonna do? Go back to crime, that's what. Once a felon has done his time and paid his debt to society it should be over and done with. Sadly, it doesn't happen that way and although he's no longer in prison, society will punish him until the day he dies. That just ain't right.
Paul B.
CourageousLion Posted - Jun 16 2012 : 18:10:47
The "privilege" to own a firearm? These are NOT privileges. Privileges are granted RIGHTS are yours by birth. A convicted felon HAS the right to keep and bear arms. Just because someone else says he doesn't doesn't make it so. The felon in PRISON may not have a right to bear arms but an EX felon out of prison does. For one purpose. To protect his life from attack. That is as long as he is not VIOLATING the law by robbing, raping an pillaging. Then YOU have the right to shoot him in the head. The problem at hand is that EVERYTHING is being made into a felony these days. Our founding fathers defined a FELONY as a HEINOUS crime. Murder, rape, grand theft, you get the picture. SOMETHING where there was a REAL breathing victim. Not some entity like the "state" where if you don't pay your sales tax on a car that you buy it can be considered a "felony". Who was damaged by that act? And don't say you, because you aren't. Just because you go along with the threat of violence against you and the theft the "state" PEOPLE commit on a day to day basis, doesn't make them right.
mhiltz Posted - Apr 25 2012 : 01:09:43
quote:
Originally posted by Vince

The only CCW Permit that should be needed is the Second Amendment.

Count me as a fan of Constitutional Carry. With freedom comes danger. I'd rather have the freedom than security provided by a government permission slip.

Spoken by a true Constitution loving American! I 100% agree.
Vince Posted - Apr 24 2012 : 10:22:32
The only CCW Permit that should be needed is the Second Amendment.

Count me as a fan of Constitutional Carry. With freedom comes danger. I'd rather have the freedom than security provided by a government permission slip.
southdakbearfan Posted - Mar 01 2012 : 19:04:12
Also, you can still get a CCW permit so you can carry in all states that have reciprocity with SD.
Fred_C_Dobbs Posted - Mar 01 2012 : 13:13:53
I reckon SD can't let Montana steal all the show with their Firearms Freedom Act.

Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06