Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Reloading General
 General forum
 WHERE IS EVERYBODY AT ??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DUSTY NOGGIN Posted - Jun 22 2017 : 09:57:33
check in every once in a while , would you
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Land_Owner Posted - Jul 27 2017 : 14:43:52
Gratefully, as a Site Moderator on another forum, with "attendance" down, it is easier to stay ahead of any avalanche. In the "hay days" and so much going on at one time, it was quite often a few days before the volunteers could attend to every little detail. For the Users, of which I was one at the time, it was sometimes frustrating to ask for moderation only to hear nothing in a timely manner. So I volunteered and when accepted took on responsibility a little bit at a time, then later a whole lot. Getting one's feet wet as the "New Sheriff in Town" is significantly easier in the famine rather than the feast.
Kosh75287 Posted - Jul 19 2017 : 16:43:38
I try to check in about every other day. I'm STILL learning a lot form people who are doing/have done things I haven't tried yet. Once in a while, someone gets snooty, or they catch me in a particularly prickly mood (sorry when that happens). and I say something abrasive. I try to keep it in check, most days, though. Feel free to point out when I'm overly abrasive. Nobody's "self-monotoring" mechanism is infallible.
Shastaboat Posted - Jul 19 2017 : 08:42:07
eric2381, We are still here. Keep coming back.
eric2381 Posted - Jul 18 2017 : 23:14:34
I hardly check in anymore. Just seems that the forum was dead and I had other things to do. Just being my honest.
Land_Owner Posted - Jul 14 2017 : 09:49:56
I Moderate at Graybeard Outdoors Forums. There has been a significant downturn of use there as well.

I note that in casual use Cast Boolits seems to be going strong although I have not been there sufficiently to make an "authoratative" assertation with regard to their continued "health".

Other comparators from your observations of other sites would be nice...
Kosh75287 Posted - Jul 06 2017 : 01:38:29
quote:
You can hunt brombies (feral horse) and wild ass over there with no issues.

If it was legal to hunt feral asses in the U.S., we'd lose half of congress overnight.

quote:
For fact, this is not the only site which is experiencing a downturn in participation.

I concur. I've noticed a downturn on all the sites I visit (tho I'm ASSUMING there's no cause-effect relationship there).
jrhen Posted - Jul 05 2017 : 21:30:33
Well I made it back! Like other's reported I got the warnings and then the 404 error. Cheers.
MIKESBARRO Posted - Jul 04 2017 : 08:03:19
A lot of the "regulars" haven't been around in a while. Check out the member list and when people's last posts were. Usually slow in the summer anyways.

Mike
Shastaboat Posted - Jul 04 2017 : 06:10:46
I also communicate with a forum on Facebook and I wonder if that is a more modern format thing. I just don't know. There is a younger crowd there and I think it's an instant gratification thing.
mtmuley Posted - Jul 03 2017 : 22:25:40
Some are gone maybe. There were a lot more guys here a few years ago. Young guys. Hope it picks up.mtmuley
Shastaboat Posted - Jul 02 2017 : 22:59:10
Some have passed.
mtmuley Posted - Jul 02 2017 : 11:14:44
I know that back in 2004 when I joined, there was way more traffic here than there is now. There are a lot of guys that no longer post here, for whatever the reason. Sure miss some of them. mtmuley
Shastaboat Posted - Jul 02 2017 : 10:28:26
quote:
Originally posted by roverhound

Is the new forum still up? I get an unsafe notification from Chrome since it isn't a secure site (HTTP instead of HTTPS) and if I click past that a 404 (not found)error.

No it is not. Morten dumped it I think after so many problems. Just stay here and enjoy.
roverhound Posted - Jul 02 2017 : 06:12:00
Is the new forum still up? I get an unsafe notification from Chrome since it isn't a secure site (HTTP instead of HTTPS) and if I click past that a 404 (not found)error.
ethmoid1999 Posted - Jun 30 2017 : 08:09:32
I think the damned hackers caused this. Maybe participation will pick up. As for me, until I retire, I'm going to be mostly unable to load and shoot. I hope that is resolved soon

Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06