Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Reloading General
 General forum
 New forum is back up and running this AM

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shastaboat Posted - Jan 08 2017 : 12:02:35
It was down for 3 days.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SWABBY56 Posted - Jan 19 2017 : 19:32:49
Still unable to get on new site
Tom S. Posted - Jan 19 2017 : 08:42:46
As of today, still crash and burn.
ethmoid1999 Posted - Jan 17 2017 : 10:23:43
Great! What a mess to have hackers. They are criminals.
morten Posted - Jan 15 2017 : 14:15:43
Just a quick update.
First of all, when you get these SSL/certificate errors when trying to visit the new server, its because the current routing points towards the old server and it won't accept encrypted (https) requests. It will be like this until the new machine is up and running gain.

The new server has been completely wiped and reinstalled. All applications have been installed and appears to be working. Database was restored today and it looks like all data is intact. Currently there is a re-indexing process taking place. For instance about 5 million key words and search phrases are being indexed.

The remaining things to do is restoring the actual web pages and setting up the new forum pointing towards the restored database. The mail server also needs to be configured (from scratch) to handle registration confirmation emails, notifications, lost passwords messages, etc.
Fingers crossed and I hope we are back in business in a few days.

Keep trying to visit the new server (https://www.reloadersnest.com/forum from time to time. I will soon try to put up a status page on that address, for own testing and verification and I can use that to inform of any progress (or setbacks...)

Morten
OneEyedSam Posted - Jan 15 2017 : 09:54:24
Onondaga,

Thanks for the update.
Onondaga Posted - Jan 15 2017 : 00:04:03
quote:
Originally posted by OneEyedSam

I can not get on to the new forum. In Safari I get the "Cannot connect to secure server" error message. In IE 11 I get the TLS errors. Have cleared cache, cookies and all stoed web pages, verified all TLS settings are on. Can anyone help?

That forum is offline till it is repaired. It will be intermittent till resolved. Members are using this forum here till then and we are all here that are going to be there when it is fully operational.
OneEyedSam Posted - Jan 14 2017 : 20:33:17
I can not get on to the new forum. In Safari I get the "Cannot connect to secure server" error message. In IE 11 I get the TLS errors. Have cleared cache, cookies and all stoed web pages, verified all TLS settings are on. Can anyone help?
bad arrow Posted - Jan 12 2017 : 23:12:12
Your hard work is appreciated Morten
ethmoid1999 Posted - Jan 12 2017 : 22:23:44
od Bless Morten!
EnglishTom Posted - Jan 12 2017 : 11:48:30
Thank you Morten, had me scratching my head and trying to drag a ten y/o off the street to sort my pc, you should see the problems I get with satellite tv. Again thanks
morten Posted - Jan 12 2017 : 09:05:27
quote:
Originally posted by Shastaboat

quote:
Originally posted by morten

Yeah... I was greeted with that server status when I woke up this morning.
I really don't know how to handle this. To be honest I'm about to give up the entire site. After many years my motivation is down to zero. Fighting these attacks isn't helping either...

I get so many messages and email that I'm unable to cope with them. Shastaboat, I'll see if I can find your message.

They are on the new site.

I will look for them as soon as I get the site up and running again. All data is saved, but it's unavailable for me too...
morten Posted - Jan 12 2017 : 09:04:04
Thanks for your feedback, Tom
As the "new" server is completely down at the moment, the https just points to the old server, which doesn't offer https at all. That means you will for sure get an error message if trying to access to new server now.
I had to do this to offload traffic during my troubleshooting.

My site administrator is unfortunately the same guy I see in the mirror every morning, but "we" will do our best to get back up (stable) again
EnglishTom Posted - Jan 12 2017 : 05:44:36
Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to https://www.reloadersnest.com again. If this error persists, it is possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite such as RC4 (link for the details), which is not considered secure. Please contact your site administrator.

I keep getting this, Ive checked TLS 1.0,1.1,1.2 are on. Any ideas
Shastaboat Posted - Jan 11 2017 : 13:02:58
quote:
Originally posted by morten

Yeah... I was greeted with that server status when I woke up this morning.
I really don't know how to handle this. To be honest I'm about to give up the entire site. After many years my motivation is down to zero. Fighting these attacks isn't helping either...

I get so many messages and email that I'm unable to cope with them. Shastaboat, I'll see if I can find your message.

They are on the new site.
morten Posted - Jan 11 2017 : 08:20:41
The new server is completely fubar. Mostly due to an error I made in an attempt to fix the issues with it stopping (hacking?).
No files or databases (loads and forum postings) are lost, so it's just a matter of re-installing and setting up all applications again.
However, this work takes much more than a day.

Please feel free to check back from time to time and in the meantime the old site (this one) must live on.

Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06