Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Reloading General
 General forum
 Changing Something That Works to Garbrge

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
K22 Posted - Oct 11 2017 : 20:12:09
For many many years I have used Hoppe's cleaning patches. I buy them in bulk from Midway. These sythetic patches always worked very well for me. The feature I like about them is that they don't shread / come apart or leave threads in the action or barrel. Alway worked great for me.

I recently order some more from Miday and it appears that they changed the design to a weaved cotton fabric which shreads to pieces when used with a pointed jag. Garbage.

Good job Hoppe's; you made something that worked and made it useless. My vent of the year.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
yukondog Posted - Oct 16 2017 : 20:29:26
Yep, old T-shirts, never used anything else never needed to.
RaySendero Posted - Oct 12 2017 : 19:57:30
Yeah, I have just been cutting-up Tee Shirts for years.
K22 Posted - Oct 12 2017 : 19:55:11
The wife has one of those rotary cutters. I think I'll give it a try. Who needs a T shirt anyway.
ethmoid1999 Posted - Oct 12 2017 : 06:52:04
I use my old Carhart tee shirts and cut them up like WonderMan describes.
WonderMan4 Posted - Oct 11 2017 : 20:24:29
I posted a while back that I used the same thing for a long time. Only problem for me is that I kept running out at the wrong time.

I found a bath towel at Wally World for $3.00.

The wife has a cutting board and a rotary cutter that as sharp as a scalpel....well, almost.

I found that I could cut that towel into 900 pieces in 10 minutes with the rotary cutter and cutting board.

Most times those 900 pieces are too big when using a jag, so I get more pieces yet.

I forgot to mention a long time ago all Hoppe's patches were cotton and then they got a better idea and went to polyester. I didn't like those much.

I have no problem with "fuzz" left behind when using a tight fit. Works for all my rifles (even the muzzle loaders) and handguns.

Old socks, Tee shirts, drawers, etc make good patches.

Some folks say that they ain't wasting their time and buy in bulk. Good enough if you wanna wait 5 days for them to arrive.

Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06